Hey Everyone!
Wow, what a week! Christmas,
caroling, dinners, I don't even know where to begin! Lots of stuff happened,
and we're still trying to find solid people to teach! Lots of finding is still happening, but not
many people have been wanting to learn more for the past week. I'm not really
sure why. But it was still a fun week!
Monday, we went to Keke and
Nicholas' house in the evening and had a nice little family home evening. That
was a lot of fun! Keke is so funny, because she always takes pictures of the
food before we eat it. For some reason,
she loves pictures of food she cooks. I’m not really sure why. Every single
time she cooks, she takes a million pictures of it before she lets us eat.
She's so funny.
Tuesday, we had zone meeting
first thing in the morning, so we snagged a taxi down to KL. After a good
training on obedience, we ate a quick lunch, and had to hurry back so the
Chinese elders could make it to an appointment. We didn't want to pay for 2
separate taxis, so we all went back together. Fun fact, taxi in Malay is ‘teksi’.
Once we were back, we went contacting for 5 hours. We went to look at the
national squash center, because I wanted to know what it was. It was closed
though, so we just talked with a bunch of people to and from there. We visited
Sister Saffron at work, and grabbed some ice cream called PI's. The usual. It's
always easier to contact for 5 hours when you have destinations to walk to
while you talk with everyone.
Later that night, we met with a referral from other
missionaries named Anna. It turns out, Anna is from Bangladesh, and she's
engaged to this guy named Ayaz from Saudi Arabia. Pretty diverse huh? They have
a little bit of potential. We'll see what happens with them. They ended up not
coming to church, so we might never teach them again if they keep not answering
their phones. We'll see!
Wednesday was pretty fun! We
had to finish our Christmas cards for an orphanage that Sister Saffron
volunteered us to make the cards for. We all got together and drew random
pictures on all the cards and a ton of huge English words. They only speak
Chinese, so they wouldn't even be able to understand simple English. They got cards that didn't even make sense,
but they all ended up loving them. We went over to the Snellson's for dinner
too, so that was awesome.
Thursday... Hmmm. We contacted
all day, then went to the church to give the cards out to the orphans. They
were all so funny, because they'd just touch our white skin. They were so
fascinated with us! So that was fun! We had to leave the party early to go to
Sister Stephanie's to teach Kok Cin. Kok Cin is a super sincere guy, and he's
honestly looking for the truth. He really likes sister Stephanie. She's like a
mom to us AND to him. She's great. He's
Taoist, and she used to be. They get along really well. We had an awesome
lesson on the Plan of Salvation, mainly focused on the Atonement, and he
decided he really did need to come to church every week to receive an answer.
That was great!
Friday we had exchanges! I went
with Elder Tennant (the guy I got famous with) and dominated the Chinese area.
All the lessons were in Chinese, so I can't tell you how they went. We had a
ton of fun going around to different stores talking with people, and an owner
of a store even gave us free soda because he liked us so much! That was awesome. They love seeing white
people that can speak Chinese. I taught English Class, and it was actually a
lot of fun!
Saturday, we had English class,
then we taught Shena, then Joyse, then a new person named Yeun, then Erica.
That took forever. Then we went caroling for the rest of the night! It was a ton of fun to teach four lessons in
a row! None of the lessons seemed to really stick out, but they were all good!
We went caroling at two hotels. At the first one, a Japanese lady was standing
about 5 feet away and dancing really funny. It was awesome. She was eating up
the Christmas music. At the next hotel, there was another lady that did the
same exact thing! I was happy to make
them happy! One of them came up to us after and told us it was the best
Christmas of her entire life! Haha!
Sunday was awesome. We had
church, then taught Kok Cin (which went really well by the way. I can't really
remember what was said, but the Spirit was really strong), then we had a huge
lunch, went to an American's house down in KL and had another huge lunch, then
went straight to the Lim's after to have a huge dinner. I was absolutely
stuffed. I'm still full. It was mega good though.
This morning, we Skyped our
families! It was awesome! I loved it! Best skype I've done in my entire life.
Can't wait to do it again in 5 months! It'll come faster than you think! Thanks
for supporting me! You're all awesome! Have a great week! And have a Happy New
Year!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
Sorry the letter was a little short today. We didn't have
much time since we Skyped!
| Kristoforus |
| Elder Forsyth and Mullins |
| Cool fountain |
| Train |
| I got presents! |
| I opened presents! Thanks everyone! |
No comments:
Post a Comment