Hey Everyone!
Chinese New Year is FINALLY coming
to a close! It's been a long Chinese New Year. It's nearly impossible to meet
with ANYONE during Chinese New Year, so we've mainly been trying to visit less
actives, but most of them aren't home. The weeks go by fast, but it seems like
Chinese New Year has been going for quite a while. I forgot my planner, so I
can't remember exactly what we did this every day this week, so I'll just put
what I remember.
First and most important, we found a
ping pong table that we can play every morning in our apartment complex. It's
in the second tower of apartments, and it's just on the second floor. There's a
floor that's 80% outside. There’s a ball
pit and a ping pong table out there. It's awesome. Every morning for exercise,
we play ping pong. I'll be a professional by the end of my mission. Since there
was a really cool ping pong table/ball pit on the second floor of the building
next to us, we decided to check and see what was on our second floor. We went to the second floor of our building,
and there were a couple homeless people sleeping on cardboard. We decided to just keep going up and pretend
we didn't see anything.
Last Monday, we played badminton with
sister Stephanie and her family, so that was tons of fun. The court was super-hot
though, so we were all DRIPPING sweat by the end. Badminton is a ton of fun, so
once I go back to the states, I'll have to find some people that can play so
that I can keep playing it. Badminton is HUGE here. Every Malaysian is born
with a badminton racquet in their hand (just kidding). Literally everyone plays
it.
We did tons of less active visiting,
and some contacting. Elder Forsyth is STILL with me (that's 3 and a half
transfers now, and still going), and there's no end in sight. So that's pretty
cool! He'll leave one of these days. Maybe the same day I leave! I dunno! I'm
thinking I'm gonna leave Puchong at the end of this transfer! March first!
That's my guess. I think I'll replace Elder Child in Melakka. Elder Child and I
are really good friends, so that'll be fun to take over the area he's been in
since we both got to Malaysia. That's 100% a guess though, so don't tell anyone
I'm going to Melakka. I don't even know how to spell the town name.
Let's see... What else happened...
We met with Kok Cin a couple times, and he helped us out on Wednesday too! That was awesome! He followed us around all
day and helped out with missionary work. He's awesome. He's still progressing
toward the 18th, along with Yuen.
When I first got to Puchong, 70-80
people attended church every single week. The last 4 weeks (not counting last
week, because it was Chinese New Year and everyone was gone), we've had 110,
107, 105, and 110 people attend. It USED to be that if you got over 100 people
3 weeks in a row, they'd start looking for a place to build a church building,
but some problems arose, and now it's a lot harder to get an actual building.
So maybe one day, Puchong will get a building. The building we're in now only
has room for 140, so if we get more than that, they won't have any other choice
than to get us a bigger building. That'll
be great! Maybe in another year!
My first transfer in Penang, a few
weeks into my mission, I met a guy named Elliott who was super awesome and mega
prepared, but his parents wouldn't let him go to church. 3 weeks ago, he moved
to PJ (opposite side of KL from me), and is going to be baptized this
Saturday! He's super excited! He's such
an awesome guy. He came to Puchong
branch yesterday, and we caught up on life! I'll send a picture of us 6 months
ago and a picture now!
The 8th day of Chinese New Year is a
really important day for all the Hokkian people (it's a subgroup of Chinese. No
idea if I spelled it right). There were
tons of dragon dances and fireworks everywhere. They have the longest strings
of firecrackers ever in this country... It was tons of fun to watch all the
fireworks at night though!
Sorry the email is a little
shorter than normal this week. I just can't remember what we did. I took quite a few pictures so hopefully that
makes up for it. I hope you all have an awesome week! Maybe Elder Marsh will
finally make it over to Puchong this week! …We'll see. Now that the Chinese New Year is ending, we
should have lots more to do! Hopefully we’ll find a few new investigators this
week!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
![]() |
| Ball pit |
| Found a Bentley |
| Boomerang |
| Chair tower |

No comments:
Post a Comment