Hey Everyone!
Tons of stuff happened this week, and it flew by! I can't
believe it's Monday again! I had some exchanges, we found a ton of new people,
had zone conference, and we're all exhausted! It was just a super busy week... I
don't even know where to begin! I guess I'll just start on Tuesday!
On Tuesday, we finally had a chance to visit an inactive
member named Rina that we've worked with in the past. She had gotten really
sick, and we visited her for a while, but then we started running out of time. We have been feeling bad that we haven't been
stopping by and at least saying hi. We
finally did it on Tuesday, and she was super happy to see us! After that, we
visited a few formers, visited more formers, and said hi to some members! It
was a pretty uneventful day. But Tuesday night, the AP's arrived in KK for
exchanges! Elder McCusker and Elder Allred are still the AP's so that's
awesome! They're way cool.
Wednesday was awesome. We met with this Filipino Christian who
was engaged to a Muslim girl, but he hadn't converted to Islam yet. We taught
him on the spot, and then met his fiance after. Awkward. Anyway, our mission is
basically to break the engagement. Pretty sad, but hey, it's worth it for his
salvation. We'll see what happens with
that. We also met this really cool lady named Linda who is EXACTLY like someone
named Alice in the branch. They live about
a 5-minute walk from each other. We got
perfect fellowshipping opportunity. She was going to come to church this week,
but someone in her family got hurt or sick and entered the hospital early
Sunday morning. We'll get her this
Wednesday! And she'll come to church too! There were tons of miracles with
Elder Johnson on Wednesday too! Him and Elder Loutz found a family of 7 that
live in our area, and they seem to be super solid. We're pumped for them too!
Thursday, Elder Johnson and I were invited over to Sister
Josie's house, and she fed us a super good lunch. After that, we basically
taught recent coverts and followed up with people for the rest of the night.
Weekly planning takes wayyyy too long. Thursdays are the worst days. Haha! We
had 2 other companionships come for exchanges Thursday night!
Friday, I went with Elder Bringhurst! He's pretty cool. He
was actually Elder Forsyth's trainer! So that's cool. We taught a lot of
people, including a new person named Jheviellyn. She's Filipino, and her mom
has a lot of Mormon friends! So that's awesome. We're trying to get in with her
family. Hopefully we can get in with all
of them soon! We mostly talked about ways that Elder Bringhurst could finish
his mission strong since he only has a few months left.
Saturday was zone conference all day. We helped set up for a
Young Women activity, and then after that, went and tried meeting with some of
our current investigators. I can't even remember everything that happened
pretty much this whole week, but it was a lot busier than I've typed out so
far.
Sunday, we had interviews with President Simmons, and that
was cool. I really like having interviews. Church was really good too! We
always have tons of fun at church. Ryan and Anna rescheduled AGAIN, so we'll
probably end up dropping them if they keep rescheduling their lessons like they
have been. We also got a referral from Wifilia. It's actually her mom! She said she wants to learn and get baptized! She was too busy, so we couldn't meet with her
this week... NEXT WEEK! Oh, yeah, and low key, President Simmons told Elder
Johnson that he was positive we were going to split up with transfer, but then
the Spirit told him otherwise. So that's cool! We're here for a reason for
sure!
Sorry I didn't take a ton of pictures this week. I'll do
better next week! I'm loving KK. Elder
Johnson and I are going to knock it out of the park this week with tons of help
from God! Thanks for all the emails! You're all great! Have an awesome week!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
| Elder Johnson |
| Elder Allred |
| Elder Bringhurst |
No comments:
Post a Comment