Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Leaving Monday!



Everyone,

I'm heading out to Singapore Monday afternoon! So if you're in the airport then, keep an eye out! I've loved the MTC, but I'm super extremely excited to get out into the field! I'll leave the first, and get there mid afternoon on the third. So that's a super long flight. We're stopping in Hong Kong, so that's exciting! And we're flying out with 13 other missionaries headed to Singapore! So that'll be cool to get to know them on our flight! I've been drinking at least 80 ounces of water a day, and Sister Fulton (our teacher) said I shouldn't have to go to the bathroom as often as I did the first few days, but it hasn't gotten any better. We went to teach one of our TRC investigators, and I went to the bathroom before, taught for 25 minutes, and then went again. Ridiculous. So I don't know how well my body is adapting. I think I'll sweat out most of it in Singapore though. Hopefully.

So I brought a ring making kit with me, and it's been super awesome. Elder Waite (going to Portland) wanted to make one super badly, and we didn't have anything to heat the quarters up, but we smashed the center out using a rock as a hammer, then used two irons to pinch the quarter between to heat it up. After taking some massive chunks out of my hammer, we got the ring pretty badly made. But the entire zone is obsessed with it. Too bad they don't have a good example of what the rings should look like. It was fun making it though.

If you're going to send me a letter while I'm in the MTC, it's cutting it pretty close even if you send it today! I COULD get it Monday, but if they don't sort it fast enough, I won't be able to get it. So they'l send it back. I'm Unit 66 if anyone wanted to know. Elder Fogth's mom sent him 16 packages in 15 days, so that's pretty impressive. He got this stuff called Kickapoo Joyjuice. It's not very good, but the name is cool! And, he's making the room look awful. There's unopened food everywhere because we don't have anywhere to store it. It's the best until we get our cleaning check. We've done pretty good in everything except for how unopened food bags and strewn across the entire room.

Just a random thought. I told Elder Fogth that I didn't like milk, so he asked why, and I said "because it doesn't taste good." So he said that wasn't a reason. So I asked him why it wasn't a reason. And he said because it isn't. So I kept saying it was gross and stuff, so he kept asking my why I didn't like it. So finally, I said something along the lines of "I just don't like how the amino acids in the protein combine." Then he finally dropped it because he knew I wouldn't give a 'good' answer. So I asked him why he doesn't like rotten eggs, and he said "Because my taste pallet doesn't mix well with that." So I don't understand why saying it's gross is any worse. Hahaha, it was way funny though.

I saw tons of people I knew this week! It's been awesome! I saw Christian Kamalu, Ryker Brian, Conner Blackham, Cameron Cooper, and then a ton of other people. But those were the ones that just came in that I saw. They're all doing great. I don't know about Conner, but Christian and Ryker wont be able to email until probably Thursday next week, so if someone could let one of their parent's know, that'd be cool. I'll try to take a picture with all of them before I leave, but I won't be able to send them until the 8th.

We've been learning how to more effectively follow the Spirit as we teach, and it's been so awesome learning about it. Because the Spirit is so strong when we teach. It's great to be able to feel how well you're teaching. I enjoy it. I wish I had more time to study. Out in the field I'll have more time to study, so that'll be awesome. Since Elder Fogth is district leader and I'm a zone leader, it's been busy. Which is good. The new groups that came in are going to Kennawick Washington (no idea how to spell that), Toronto Canada, and then some Utah missions. It's kinda fun to listen to the missionaries going to Utah, because they can't believe Zion has people to convert. That's what they all say at least.

Today, we went to the temple, then came back and did laundry, and it was PACKED. It took like 25 minutes before we found washers to use. The MTC has wayyyyy too many dryers though. They have like 2x as many dryers as they have washing machines. Then we got haircuts and then did more laundry and just chilled in our dorms. Earlier this week, Elder Hymas and I were taking a break from studying. So we were talking, and he mentioned his name was Kelly, but he went by Ace, and the first day at the MTC he said he went to Tooele High (don't know how to spell that either), so I asked him where he went to elementary. North Lake, just like I did when I lived there. So I asked which teacher he had in kindergarten, and WE TOTALLY WERE IN THE SAME CLASS. He doesn't look anything like he did in kindergarten, but we were really good friends! So that's been cool getting to know him again. My mom sent a picture of us when we were in kindergarten, so I can't wait to find him and show him.

I got asked a few random questions, so I'll just answer them here... The food isn't bad, but I had the worst lasagna I've ever eaten in my entire life. I dunno. It was gross. Our district is made up of 12 people, and we're all in the same classroom. My zone is made up of 6 districts of 12, and that's who Elder Richens, Hymas, Pickett, and I are in charge of. I was on the bottom bunk for the first half of the MTC, and now I'm on the top. Our bed doesn't have a ladder (don't know where it went, we just never had one), so it's difficult to be on the top. My favorite thing about the MTC is teaching our TRC investigators.

Every Tuesday, we do service. Elder Fogth and I have decided we're gonna be the MTC's dusters, because we literally dusted for 90 minutes this Tuesday and last Tuesday. The entire gym. It was super awesome. Service is fun, because you can mess around a bit and still help people out! And everyone says thanks.

I've been getting all your letters, packages, and dear elders. They've been awesome! I love getting them! If you're gonna send one, it'll probably have to be today. I wish I had more time to email and tell you everything, but I just have to hit some of the highlights so I can figure out how to steal some pictures off of Elder Fogth's camera. Oh, and Elder Fogth and I are getting along awesomely. Same with the rest of the district with us and their companions. If you wanna see how funny Elder Fogth is, check out his Mormon.org profile. Erik Fogth.

I love you all! Thanks for all your support! I'll probably send an email saying I made it once I get there, but I don't know if I'll be able to email until the 8th! So I guess this is bye bye for a little over a week! Hopefully my clothes last long enough...

Love,
Elder Ben Mullins


This photo was taken before Ben left the MTC.  They are young men from our ward.  I love this photo!

Ryker Brian, Christian Kamalu, and Ben Mullins

No comments:

Post a Comment