Hey Everyone!
WOW. It's already been 6 months
since I left! I just have to do that 3 more times, and it's over! It goes by so
fast, it's unbelievable!!! Not only have
I hit 6 months, but it's TRANSFER WEEK. Elder
Forsyth and I are BOTH staying in Puchong! This'll be transfer number 4
together! But he's just waiting in Puchong until he gets his worker's permit
for Singapore, then he'll leave! He
might leave sometime next week or the week after! Once he leaves Elder Marsh will come to
Puchong with me! I served in Penang at the same time as Elder Marsh, so I know
him pretty well, and he's a really cool guy.
I'm excited to serve with him!
Monday, I took a 3-hour nap
after we emailed, and it was AWESOME. When we were getting ready to leave at
night, I picked up my backpack, and the strap snapped! We ran over to the mall and bought a new
backpack for me! I have a new pack now!
It's a really nice one, and it was super cheap since I bought it in Malaysia.
Other than that, not a ton happened last Monday.
Tuesday, we met with Yuen. He's
really excited to be baptized, but wants to wait until after Chinese New Year,
because he's going to be on vacation for pretty much the next two weeks. That'll be awesome! We'll have at least one
baptism next transfer! Maybe more!
Every day, if we have time that
we don't know what to do with, we go to the outside edge of our area, where
they're building a HUGE soccer stadium. When we went on Tuesday, the progress
was unreal! They shifted into a higher gear. The stadium had so much of it
built in a day, we could hardly believe it! I hope that the stadium is done by
the time I leave Puchong! I’m sure it won't be. I wish it would be though. Then
we could go contacting in the stadium while they played soccer. Or just go
watch a game on a Monday.
Wednesday, we had an AWESOME
lesson. A few years ago, missionaries came over to our house and taught us a
lesson on faith. They had Jaron hold a tea bag, and lit it on fire and told him
that if he didn't move, it wouldn't burn him.
Last Monday, I remembered the lesson, and bought tea bags. Wednesday, we went over to Sister Saffron's
work, and taught her the lesson on faith where you light the teabag on fire,
and right before it got to her hand, she DROPPED it. She doesn't have any faith
in us apparently. Anyway, it's supposed to float up in the air, but she got
scared and dropped it. It was really funny. We've taught it 3 or 4 times
since. It was a lot of fun!
Thursday, we went over to
Sister Stephanie's for dinner, and it was SEDAP (delicious)! We played an
awesome game after, then had a really quick lesson with Kok Cin. Kok Cin is doing awesome. He's such a great
guy. He'll be baptized eventually. I don't know if he'll make February 18th,
but I have the faith that if he does what we ask him to, he will! Hopefully he
keeps keeping commitments.
Friday, we made a huge poster
that said "What makes you happy?" in English and Chinese, then went
around and had people write what made them happy on it. We got answers from money to drinking coffee
to family. It made talking with people a lot of fun! They really opened up when
we did that, which was good. It was a lot of fun too.
Saturday, TONS of people showed
up to our English class. The only problem is, they're all like 80 years
old. They're pretty staunch Buddhists. I
don't think we'll be getting any baptisms out of them. It was really funny to see them so excited to
learn English! After English, we taught a guy named Lexy, but he lives in PJ, so
we had to pass him to the Elders there. He's a really nice guy, and he's got
some potential. We'll see what happens with that! That night, we went to
Shawerma, and got a HUGE dinner. It cost 16 ringgit (4 dollars), and was HUGE.
Food in Malaysia is so cheap... It was super good.
Sunday, President Simmons
surprised us by coming to church! That was pretty crazy! We had a TON of people
at church, so he was super impressed. Then
our branch president was talking about how we had 1 baptism last week, and 1
next week, then 2 more a few weeks after, and President Simmons was super
impressed. Silently impressed of course.
It was really funny. He was just shocked that he hadn't heard much about
all these baptisms.
After church, we taught Lexy
one last time since he came to church. After
that, we had TONS of food, because it was a Linger Longer! Everyone brought food for everyone to eat
after church. We visited Ariz after for what was supposed to be the last time, but
now Elder Forsyth is staying for a little longer. We might see him one more time... Awkward. A
lot of branch members are going to be really surprised that he's still here on
Sunday. We went to Sister Saffron's and had a really good lesson with Kok Cin,
plus a really good dinner. Other than that, not a ton happened.
This week was a ton of fun! I
really enjoyed it. Elder Forsyth and I are excited to be together for a few
more days, and we're ready for whatever comes our way. It's been great, and I
can't wait for another awesome week!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
| Ariz |
| Giant duck |
| At the mall going over a bridge |
| When People Eat Up the Gospel |
No comments:
Post a Comment