Hey Everyone!
I can't believe it's already
Monday again! That was fast! A lot of stuff happened this week, and it flew by!
Monday, we went to a HUGE mall
called Sunway Pyramid, and there were giant Lego things everywhere. I took a few
pictures. I'll only send the best one. It
was really cool. We ate at this place with Sister Saffron and one of the
Chinese Elders' investigators (Jo Yee). It was the best chicken I've ever eaten
in my ENTIRE LIFE. It was way good. Elder Forsyth drew a really cool picture
while we were waiting for our food to come out.
I’ll send a picture. After that,
we went over to Keke's and taught her boyfriend. We also taught him and Nicholas how to tie
ties. It was a ton of fun! It was really fast too.
Tuesday, not much happened. We met
up with the Zone Leaders that night and started exchanges, so I got to hang out
with Elder Orgill Tuesday night and all of Wednesday. Before that, we pretty
much just visited some less actives. It
was a pretty chill day.
Wednesday, we had an awesome
day of contacting. All day. But it was a ton of fun! Elder Orgill is a really
fun guy, and he taught me a lot of new things I can do to get better at missionary
work, so that was cool. That night we met with a guy named Cheer. That's really
his name. He wanted to improve his life,
and he seemed to have real desire. When we picked Elder Forsyth back up, he let
us know that Cheer has been an eternal investigator, and that he pretends like
he wants to change, but then doesn't. He's too lazy. We set up a return
appointment with him though, so we decided we'd see how things went from there.
Thursday... we prepared a few
games for English Class on Friday so that people would really enjoy it and
bring their friends! That was fun to
make. We drew pictures and wrote words on cards. It’s basically a massive matching game of new
words for them. That night, we met with my main man Kok Cin! He's awesome; super
solid, genuine, great guy. He's really quiet, but really smart, and he wants to
know if what we teach is true. We taught him a lot about baptism, and invited
him to the baptism that happened Saturday! He was excited to be invited to go
to it! That was great!
Friday, we went to Sister
Saffron's in the afternoon, and decided to teach her a cool lesson. We told her
we had prepared a scripture, and we wanted her to flip open to a random
scripture, and that would be the one that we had prepared. She flipped open to
a random one, we taught an entire lesson on the random scripture, and she was
really surprised that we had prepared such a cool lesson! Haha! I don't think
she realized that we were just teaching on the spot. It ended up being a great lesson! Later that
night, we taught a recent convert, Sister Erica. We gave her an awesome Book of
Mormon reading chart that we're eventually going to give to everyone. Other
than that, we taught English, and everyone loved it. We had a ton of new
people, and they were eating up the games. It was great! Sister Saffron is a
really competitive person. Haha!
Saturday was an AWESOME day!
Well, for most of it. English class was good, and people really enjoyed it.
Right before the baptism, Sister Stephanie thought it would be funny to make me
eat a tomato. And it was. But tomatoes are literally my least favorite food
EVER. I would rather eat pork blood soup or chicken feet or durian than a
tomato. But I really have a lot of respect for Sister Stephanie since she's
such an awesome person and helps us out so much. After about 10 minutes of her trying to
convince me to eat it, I finally did. After almost throwing up a few times, I
finally stomached it. I think my mom has a video of it if anyone wants to see
it. Literally the worst thing I've eaten in my life.
After eating that, we had a baptism
to go to! The Chinese Elders' investigator, Jo Yee, got baptized! She's
awesome! The best part about her being
baptized, is I was the one that found her! That's my first person that I've
actually found that got baptized! That
was awesome! I only taught her twice, but I was really happy to see her. We
found her when we were advertising for English Class. I gave her a flyer and
told her we teach people about Jesus Christ. A few days later, she called the
number on the flyer, which happened to be the Chinese Elders' number, and she ended
up learning from them. It was an exciting day! Kok Cin came, and really enjoyed
the baptism! It was good that he was able to come and watch!
Sunday, we met with Yuen after
church. Yuen is an awesome guy. He actually was learning from the Elders over
in Canada for about 4 months, and just wanted to talk with his parents before
he was baptized, so he's planning on being baptized really soon in
Malaysia! That was a miracle! We might
be able to get a baptism in a few weeks! He's learned everything, and had a
baptismal interview. He just has to pick a day and he's good!
That night, we went to Sister
Saffron's with Kok Cin and the Chinese Elders' investigator Sonia, and had a
super good dinner. It was great. Other than that, not a lot happened Sunday.
This week FLEW by! I can't
believe we only have one more week until the transfer is over! I'll be emailing
a little bit later next week so that we don't have to wait so long for transfer
news, but it will come eventually! Have an awesome week! Sorry the letter was a
little short this week!
Love you all!
Elder Ben Mullins
| Chillin' |
| Elder Forsyth's art |
| Giant Legos |
| Jo Yee's baptism |
| Stadium |
![]() |
| Christmas |

No comments:
Post a Comment