Hey Everyone!
This week was awesome! We had a
lot of success, and we had a lot of fun while having success! I've been
enjoying Puchong. The members are awesome, the work is moving forward, and we
have a lot of stuff to do!
Monday, we went to Stephanie's with
a bunch of investigators to play badminton! It was a ton of fun! I'm getting
pretty good at it. I could beat pretty
much any American in badminton now. When I get home, I'm going to have to bring
a few of you over to Stephanie's (she's moving to SLC soon) and show you how
it's done! After that, we taught Keke. She's doing great, and she came to
church this Sunday, so that was great! After the lesson, we met a new girl
named Rennie! She seemed solid at first, but hasn't been answering our calls
for the last couple days... so we'll probably drop her.
Tuesday was good! We met with a
new guy named Awi! He's Chinese Indonesian. He ate up the restoration and was
super excited to read the Book of Mormon! We're meeting with him tomorrow
again. We put him on date, and he's excited to learn more! After we taught him,
we visited my main man ARRIZ. He's doing great. He did his hair really funny,
so we laughed at it for a bit (he did it funny to be funny.) and then he made
us some super good pomegranate apple juice. We stopped by sister Saffron's work
and said hi too.
Wednesday, Stephanie made us a
super good lunch of cheesy curry. It was a little different tasting, but it was
really good! Not normal curry. Later in the day, we taught the Gospel of Jesus
Christ to Shena. We had her draw a bunch
of pictures and stuff for it. We went to the YSA (Young Single Adult) FHE (Family Home Evening) and tried getting a
new investigator, but they weren't interested in learning. SO. NEXT TIME.
Thursday... We had interviews
with President Simmons. He told me I'd be leaving Puchong next transfer, and
asked me how I would like Singapore. I might go to Singapore, or I might go to
Subang! We'll see if either of those are right in 2 weeks! After, we did our
weekly planning, we rushed over to Caryn's house. We taught her the
restoration. She finished her mission papers, and just has to figure out
financial stuff, then she'll be able to leave! Her and her little brother
really like Elder Marsh and I, so they invited us to go play badminton with
them! We'll do that this week hopefully!
She was inactive for a year or so, and she's finally coming back! Her little
brother isn't a member, so he might be baptized too! Oh, we taught Kok Cin too.
It was a good lesson, and he's got a solid testimony.
Friday was awesome. Thursday
night, I took some yellow Koolaide, unscrewed the shower head, and dumped the
powder in the shower head. Elder Marsh got in the shower, and nothing happened,
so I decided it didn't work. He got out and didn't say a word. I turned on the tap in the bathroom, and then
yelled, "The water was yellow for a second!" He came running in and
said, "NO WAY! The water was yellow in the shower too! I turned it on, and
then yellow water started coming out! It kinda smelled like... lemons." I
almost started to laugh really hard, but held it in. He was really surprised
that it was yellow. After that, we went to Livia's place and taught her! She's
excited to be baptized, and she wants ME to baptize her, so that's exciting!
The problem is that I'm leaving Puchong the week before her baptism. Sooooo I
don't know what will happen. Elder Marsh might have to do it!
Saturday was great! We went to
the church early to help set up an activity for the primary, then we did our
studies after. After a lot of contacting, we went over to a member’s house,
Brother Orji. He's from Nigeria, and he's WAY good at soccer. The reason he
moved to Malaysia was so he could play professionally for Malaysia. He played
for a while, then decided that it wasn't his thing, and he started his own
business. He's awesome though. He gave us a ton of fruit juice and stuff. His
wife made dinner, and it was rice with liver... Gross. But I got it down! Liver
isn't too bad. After we left his house, Saffron took us out to dinner. We had
some crazy stuff called Hot Pot. I ate it in Penang once, but we didn't put
much crazy stuff in it. This time, I ate a BABY SQUID. The entire thing. They
chopped off the head, but I ate everything else. Pretty epic. And pretty spicy
too.
Sunday, we got a call in the
middle of church. A Nigerian member wanted to come to church, and he brought
his two brothers with him, so we had 3 Nigerians more than normal, PLUS Brother
Orji brought his cousin. Chinese people are terrified of Africans. Super racist.
Anyway, it was hilarious to see all of them shrinking away from the Nigerians.
Honestly, they're the exact same as the Chinese, just with better English, and
they're all Christian. and non-committal. Other than that, they're really fun
people to talk with. After church, we called a PI (Potential Investigator), and
set up an appointment 30 minutes away. His name is Joseph. He’s Chinese, maybe
28 years old, and his English is not so great.
We talked about God and Jesus Christ, and then talked about prayer and
Joseph Smith. We told him he could ask
God if Joseph really did see Him. He was pumped. In fact, he was so pumped,
that he asked us if he could join when God told him it was true. We put him on date! That was great! The rest
of the night, we went contacting.
We woke up this morning, and Kok Cin asked us what Kolob
was. Out of nowhere. That'll be an AWESOME lesson to teach. I've never taught
anyone about Kolob yet.
This week was a ton of fun, and
it flew by! Puchong is awesome! Definitely the coolest area in the mission! The
transfer is wrapping, up. I opened my
call April 1st last year! It's almost been a year! That's insane! Time flies! Soon
I'll be hitting my year mark! Just a couple more transfers! I love you all!
Have an awesome week!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
| Arriz |
| I'm eating a baby squid |
| Badminton |
| Chin Chillin' |
| Kok Chin helping us out for the day |
| Melvis--one of the Nigerians |
| Piano Sophistication |
| Cool Wall Art |
No comments:
Post a Comment