Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Tripanionship of the Century + Transfers



Hey Everyone!
This week was AWESOME. We had a dinner appointment for every single night this last week, and we're scheduled up to Friday for this week! I don't know what's happening in the branch, but everyone LOVES the Elders, so that's super awesome! Maybe it's from all the baptisms? I dunno. Anyway, Puchong is doing AWESOME, and we're leading the mission right now! We've all been out 7.5 months! So not even a year out! We've just received a lot of blessings. We're definitely not the best missionaries in the mission. Maybe one day! Anyway, it's transfer week, and I don't have the news right now so if I don't say where I'm going, the news hasn't come yet. My guess is that I'll stay another transfer in Puchong. I've been here for SIX MONTHS. I can't believe that! It's gone by so quick!
Before I review my week, let me just say: ENGLISH STOLE A WORD FROM MALAY. Malay is the most useless language in the world, BUT you all know one word from Malay. Orangutan. In Malay, Orang means person, Utan means tree. Person tree. ORANGUTAN!!! WHAAAAAAAT????? And they call them Orangutan's too.  Now you know some Malay!

Monday... Let's see. After the ostrich farm and emailing, we taught Kristoforus, an Indonesian that just got baptized by the Chinese Elders. I guess technically the English Elders (me) should have taught and baptized him, but they found him and didn't wanna give him up.  I guess I understand.  We taught him, and he was eating up what we were talking about. He just loves Jesus, loves the missionaries, loves the members, and loves the church. He's awesome.
Tuesday, we taught a lady named Dorothea. The Chinese Elders found her last week smoking near her car. She has blue hair, and is a party animal. We taught her the Plan of Salvation, and she started talking about how the commandments are a restriction on her, so she doesn't follow them because she thinks they'll make her miserable. Then we asked her if she was happy with her life, and she said no.  We asked her why she thought that was. She told us about her addictions and she parties hard and all that not-following-commandments-ness.  We straight up told her that all of those were against the commandments, and if she wanted to be happy, she had to change something, and that something was following the commandments of God.  She gained some MEGA DESIRE TO FOLLOW CHRIST.  That was great! I think she has a lot of potential. She's a really crazy, liberal lady, but I think she could make it to baptism. We ALSO went over to the Siew's for dinner. We had some nice Filipino food AND western food (American food), and shared a quick message with them on the Liahona.
Wednesday was CRAZY. We went over to John and Tom's (some people from China) and taught them and their two friends.  Then ran over to the church to meet Vicky and drop him (Chinese Elder's investigator).  After that we met with a guy named Kai Seng. He's a really funny guy, and he wants to learn English super bad. A week ago, Elder Marsh and I were walking along, and he called us over from his car, because he recognized us from the viral video that was out about 3 months ago (this happens a lot).  We invited him to English class, and gave him the Chinese Elders' number.  He met with us last week and we talked about what we do when we're not teaching English.  He said he wanted to learn about Jesus Christ, but in English.  We met with him and taught him about the Godhead, and prayer.  It was an awesome lesson! Now he's obsessed with praying. He prays for EVERYTHING. It's great! More on that later!
After Kai Seng, we got a ride to Sonia's from Brother Michael. Sonia has been coming to church for about 2 years, and wants her husband to baptize her, but her husband doesn't want to come back to church.  The Chinese Elders have met with her a lot.  She invited us over for lunch, and we had a nice lesson with her.  After we ate some spaghetti. After visiting with Sonia, we drove back to the church, and taught the Chinese Elder's recent convert, Luxi. She's from China, and has a super cute baby girl named Scarlett that's always running around.  It was a good lesson! Right after the lesson, we ran over to the bus station, where we met up with Kok Cin, and went to the Lim's for dinner. We had a HUGE dinner!  Some of it was gross, but most of it was super good.  We had 6 appointments in one day! It was crazy! This is what I picture missions in the USA are like. I'm not sure if it's true. Maybe someone can verify for me?
Thursday was pretty relaxed. We did our studies, our weekly planning, and then met with Shena while the Chinese Elders met with a new guy that ended up not showing up. I was on splits with Shaan. We had a good lesson on modesty and the Book of Mormon stories. After that, we got a ride over to Brother Alvin's, where we had a really good meal (lots of tasty chicken stuff, and BROWN rice. Normally it's white). They cooked their rice in chicken broth, so it tasted extra good! I really like rice. I'll probably eat lots of it back in the USA too.
We always see this Indian dude that's a valet parker for a place called "The Pallette". We talk with him a lot, and he teaches us Tamil.  He came up to us on Thursday, and told us that Saturday would be his last day in Malaysia, then he'd go back to his family in India. He was super excited! He'd been in Malaysia for 8 YEARS working, and hadn't seen his family. Now he finally gets to go back!  Lucky him! He was pumped. I got a picture with him.

Friday was fun! We had Kristoforus teach us the Plan of Salvation, and he did a great job! He divided up the gospel into the things we need to focus on, which he believed were Doctrine, Repentance, and Atonement.  He did an awesome job teaching us! We stopped by Daiso, a Japanese store in the mall across the street from the church, and visited Vicky, the guy that we dropped earlier in the week. On the way out, we passed some other investigators we have, and talked with them. We met with Dorothea and shared the restoration, and she expressed a major desire to change. She knows a lot about Mormons, because she read up about them online. Even through all the anti-material she read, she still wants to learn and see if any of it is true!  She's a trooper. She knows the gospel can help her. After seeing her we met with Sister Jax and talked about family history work.  We got her started on her own family history. We had English class that night.  Stephanie cooked us some dinner to eat right before that.
Saturday, we met with Kyle after English class. Kyle is 21, Indian, and a really happy guy. Whenever we say prayers, he mumbles, "praise the Lord" or "Hallelujah" and things like that. We'll have a lesson on that soon.  He's super funny, and is really excited to get baptized!  We'll see if he goes through with that. He's on date for April 1st! We taught some of the Chinese Elders' investigators after that, then had a member drive us over to an old Indian lady's house. She's about 85. I have no idea why the Chinese Elders are teaching her, but hey, everyone deserves a shot at salvation I guess! Normally we try to teach young people so that they aren't going to die tomorrow, but I guess old people also can.  She's a little bit crazy, so I don't know how much longer they'll teach her. After teaching her, we had dinner with a recent convert from China named Luxi! (Pronounced Lew Shee) Her and her husband took us out to a place near the church, and bought us FROG.  I ate frog this week! It was actually pretty good! It tasted like chicken, but had a different texture, and a lot of bones. It wasn't bad though!
Sunday, we had church, taught a ton of lessons after church, updated our area books, and then went to a dinner appointment with Sister Carol. She made us some Mexican food, and it was super good! I haven't had Mexican food in a looooong time.  It was great to eat it again. We got home, did reporting, set goals, and then I made tacos with some taco mix I was sent in the mail. It was awesome! They tasted amazing! So much Mexican food in one day! It was super good.
That was my week. I still don't have transfer news, so if I don't get it within the next 10 minutes, you'll have to wait until next week to hear about it.  I love you all! Hope you have an awesome week! Don't forget…a reader is a leader!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins


Brother Alvin's fish




I'm so strong I broke the handle off




Frog Soup. Yum!




Indian Dude going back to India




I'm making food Sister Stephanie gave us




Looks good, huh?




A spelling error on the menu



No comments:

Post a Comment