Hey
Everyone!
This
week flew by... It's already Monday again. We had a lot of appointments fall
through this week, so that was pretty lame sauce. We still had a lot of fun, and found a ton of
people that we're really excited to meet with! So that's cool! One of the
people we found that lived in the other area is going to get baptized in not
much longer! So that's super great! Too bad we weren't the ones that got to
teach them! That's ok though, same team!
Monday...
I can't remember. P Day... Hmmm. We cleaned. OH! We went to the church and
played card games. It was a lot of fun actually. That night, we visited some people that were
referrals, but none of them were super interested, so that was a bummer. We came home, and decided to call people and
tell them to invite people to church for Christmas Eve and to the Christmas
party the day before, and the first person we called said that he was actually
going to invite his friend to church this week! He did, but they ended up not
coming. He said he's going to pick his
friend up this next week and bring him to church himself. So that was awesome.
We got another member to bring a friend as well! Brother Lo was the friend!
He's the dad of an inactive member. We didn't get to teach him after church,
but we'll get him next week for sure!
Tuesday,
we tried to change things up a bit, and go to a different part of KK and try to
find some inactives. We found the houses, but they all moved. We didn't pass
many people along the way all day, so that was kind of a bummer. We did get to meet with Marianah! She's got
something on her mind that she's not telling us, so I hope that we can get it
out of her next time we meet. We got home at night there were no clean dishes,
and the sink was overflowing. Plates
were on the counters all over. That's what happened after we cooked dinner two
nights before and never cleaned up. Then
the other elders cooked two dinners and didn't clean up. SO. I spent the next
forever washing dishes, but we got it clean. So that was good! Too bad my least
favorite chore is everyone's least favorite.
Wednesday,
we taught Andrew. We had a great lesson on the 10 commandments and keeping the Sabbath
day holy. We also got an epic picture by the ocean after the lesson. He's looking
pretty fierce in it. After that, we went over to Beverly Hills, and there were
tons of people out and about! We talked
with tons of people, and found some really cool people! We also visited a bunch
of inactive people there, and we found a person that we're excited to meet
with. Her brother is inactive, but he moved somewhere else. We gave her a Book of Mormon, and should be
meeting with her soon!
Thursday,
we went over to Kepayan Ridge, and visited with some less actives and their families,
former investigators, and part member families! It was actually a pretty good
day for how little we traveled around. We found a few people that we might end
up meeting with!
Friday,
we met with Lodelin and Johnny, and had some MEGA good Filipino food. It was uper
good. After that, we advertised for English Class, and tons of people took a
million pictures of us. Then we taught English,
visited some people, and weekly planned. It was a pretty quick day.
Saturday,
we went over to Mamak's house and invited her to church, knocked some doors,
visited members, found some members that aren't even on the branch list (moved
here from another branch a long time ago), and had a baptism! One of the
members in the other branch referred his girlfriend a while back, and she got
baptized, and it was way good. She invited her family, and roasted all of them
for being anti against the church, and gave a mega good testimony. She's way pumped to serve a mission. Her
boyfriend should be leaving on his mission in May or so. I think she'll leave next December or
January! That'll be cool! They're super awesome.
OH!
I ALMOST FORGOT! Saturday, Elder Johnson and I were walking, and we saw a guy. II went over to him, and said hi, but he
ignored me. I said
it again, then he realized I was saying hi to him, so he said hi back. Then we stopped him and talked to him, and
asked him his name. He said his name was Alexis. I said, "Wow. I really like that name a
lot!" Then Elder Johnson looked at me, then back to him, and said,
"Yeah, he really does like that name a lot." Hahaha! Then he ended up
being MEGA interested. We met with him
on the spot, figured out his name is actually Alexius, not Alexis, and we
shared an EPIC Restoration lesson. We asked money questions (the Spirit lead us
a ton), and he ended up telling us that he has a Muslim girlfriend, and he
really wanted to marry her. He didn't
see a problem with that (he has to convert to Islam to do that), until we
shared with him, then he said he didn't know if Christianity was true or if
Islam was true. He was super torn,
because his parents were Christian, and raised him Christian, but he really
wanted to marry this girl. We gave him a
FIRE invitation to read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it was true, and as
well to come to church. He came to church on Sunday, but he didn't fully
understand that we meant OUR church. So. Wrong church. Next week though! Turns
out, he's here for university, and he TOTALLY lives a stone throw away from
Sister Satam's house in Miri! I've totally ridden my bike past his house a
billion times! I'm way excited for him though.
Sunday,
Linda didn't come to church, and I was super disappointed about that. Elder Johnson and I talked a bit, and decided
we might drop her. We called her, she
answered, and we asked why she didn't come to church. She said that our call woke her up, and she
had slept through church. SO. I was understandably a little disappointed,
and let her know that she promised God she would come when she promised us she
would come. After a lot of sorrys and us
telling her she needs to tell God sorry, not us, we naturally did a little
following up on the Book of Mormon reading. Guess where she is? She's had the
Book of Mormon for a week. Already read well over 200 pages. CRAZY! She's
BLAZING through the Book of Mormon, and just eating it up! So. We didn't drop
her. We'll give her another chance. Haha! I'm super excited for that! She said she has a
million questions she wants us to answer. So that's great! After church, we
visited some people that didn't come to church and followed up. There was lots of sleeping in this week... No
idea why. 3-day weekend I guess. Mohammad's birthday destroyed church
attendance.
ALSO.
Sunday night, I called a potential investigator to see if we could set an
appointment with them. I called, and said hi and asked how she was. Then asked when we could meet this next week.
She said she didn't think we could meet this week. I asked why, expecting all the typical excuses
like, "I'm busy" or "I have to finish my assignment" or
something lame like that, but then she said, "I actually got hit by a car
earlier this week, so I can't really move that much right now." Soooo
after a split second of shock and silence, I asked her if she was ok and all
the stuff. Apparently she had just
gotten released from the hospital earlier that day. SO. Legit excuse. I’m not
gonna lie, I think that was one of the first times I've actually been satisfied
with an excuse of someone not meeting with us. One of the very few. Hopefully
she gets better quick so we can teach and baptize her!
Anyway,
this week was awesome! We met some super awesome people, and we should be
meeting with lots of new people next week too! Sorry I made the mega abridged version
of the week! I don't have tons of time to type this week. Maybe next week I'll
have more! Thanks for everything you all do for me though! Thanks for the
emails too! Have an awesome week!
Love,
Elder
Ben Mullins
| Me, Elder Johnson, and cute kids |
| Elders Johnson, Mickelsen and me with Sister Olga |
No comments:
Post a Comment