Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Sudah Christmas? (Christmas Already?)



Hey Everyone!

This week was crazy! So much happened! Elder Johnson is gone now, and I'm back with Elder Mickelson for the second time! We're pumped to have an AWESOME transfer, and so far, it's really looking up to be an awesome transfer! We have tons of faith and energy, so we're planning to just blow everything out of the water with our faith! It'll be great! Monday, we played volleyball. So that kind of stunk, but it was fun to talk to the members at least!  It was a pretty chill P Day for me.   After that, we went over to the senior couple's house and had our Christmas party! It was pretty fun.  We had a Thanksgiving dinner (including turkey), and it was super good.  I haven't eaten turkey in a long time. It was great!

Tuesday, we shipped Elder Johnson's bike. It took forever, because we had to take it apart, stick it in a box, and then take the Sister's bike apart, stick it in a box, then we carried these two huge boxes for about 30 minutes to the place where we send them.  It took a while, but it was good. The guy that was helping us send them was like, "I swear... people like you come here every month or so and send a bike! Maybe they're your friends?"   I explained to him why we did it every 6 weeks. Haha! It was pretty funny. Apparently, the missionaries sent a bike on his first day working, then 6 weeks later, sent another one, then we just sent 2. Haha! I think I showed Elder Loutzenhiser and DJ around the KK 1 area that day... I'm pretty sure it was Tuesday I did that.

Wednesday, Elder Mickelson and I planned a ton of stuff for the zone, the districts in the zone, and for our area. We are SET for this next transfer. I can't wait to see it all pan out. We also taught this super cool guy named Tay. Tay is about 30, and his wife and child live in Miri.  They mean the world to him.  We really hit him up with the Plan of Salvation, and he loved it. Later in the week, we met again, and taught the restoration. He had a hard time understanding, but we taught until he understood, and at the end of the lesson, he was like, "Wow. I've never had someone be able to teach me so well about anything like this. You teach me so I understand." That's what happens when the spirit teaches. AWESOME. Then we met him again and read the Book of Mormon with him, and talked about learning by faith.  We met with him 3 times this week, and those were the first 3 times he's met with the missionaries.   He's wayyyyy solid. We're pumped for him. We also went caroling at night with the branch, and it was a ton of fun. There's this member here named Mixer that organized it all.  I’m not gonna lie, I have NO idea why the missionaries haven't been trying to work with him, but I just feel like he's such a bro, and he's got a ton of stuff he could help us out with.  Later in the week, we went and visited him. More on that later.

Thursday... Weekly planning sucked up a bunch of time.  We practiced our skit for our Christmas party, and we taught an investigator they've been meeting with for a while named Azmira. She's pretty cool. She and her boyfriend are going to get married in a month, then she'll be able to be baptized! She's way cool. We also stopped by a bunch of people's houses and invited them to the Christmas party.

Friday, we advertised for English Class, practiced our skit, had a coordination meeting with KK2 people.  We went around and met a bunch of members... Oh, and we got stuck teaching English class too... Haha, so it was a less than an awesome day, but that's ok, because the rest of the week made up for it.

Saturday, we met with Tay.  We went around and invited a bunch of inactives to the Christmas party. We literally invited everyone we passed that wasn't Muslim to the Christmas party, and tried using our fancy app thing to find a bunch of less actives (didn't work).  In the morning, we were walking around talking with tons of people, and we passed this one lady that looked pretty Muslim, but she wasn't wearing any Muslim clothes, so I decided I'd at least say hi.  I said hi in Malay, and then she got super excited and told us she was from KL and got to Sabah the night before for vacation. It turned out she's Christian.  We invited her to the party later that night. And guess who came? SHE TOTALLY DID. She's way solid too. She ate up the church. She loved how everyone was so talkative and happy and stuff, and she's way down to go to church over in KL.

At the party, the event that's looked forward to most is the missionary's part in the program.  For some reason, everyone loves what missionaries do. Everyyyyy year, you hear, "OH there was this ONE GROUP of missionaries that did such and such and it was SOOOO FUNNY. Best skit ever."  The goal for missionaries is for the skit to be one that everyone always talks about.  I thiiiink we might've made it this year. I dunno. Everyone was dying.  I'm just gonna say, I would never do anything like that if I was back at home.  On the mission, you’ve got to impress the members and make sure they really like you, because then missionary work is a lot easier and more fun too. So that was pretty awesome. The members loved it, and we had tons of referrals come to the party too.   We're super excited for what happens next!

Sunday, we had a nice sacrament meeting, met with a bunch of people, and had some good donuts after church. We finally got to meet with a member who’s been dodging the missionaries for a long time too! So that was awesome! He just really didn't like one of the missionaries here a few transfers here ago, and hasn't met with the missionaries ever since. But we got him again! And he ate up what he learned. So that was good.

This week flew by! I can't believe it's Christmas already! Mostly because it's still hot outside and there aren't very many Christmas decorations up, but it's been tons of fun! I'm super excited to see what the rest of the transfer holds! I hope you all have a great Christmas, and a Happy New Year too! I'll send pictures later!

I ALMOST FORGOT. I have officially been a Malay Elder longer than I was an English Elder! Isn't that crazy? I can't believe I can speak another language... Or that I've been learning Malay for that long. It's been over 9 months I think...

Love,

Elder Ben Mullins









No trash zone












No comments:

Post a Comment