April 22, 2018
Hey Everyone!
This week was crazy. Tons happened, and we were super busy! It was the last week of the transfer, so we should be getting news today! But I think I'll stay with Elder Sorensen, so no big changes.
Monday, we watched the Cokeville Miracle! It was actually way good! I was surprised. I thought it was gonna be a bit boring. After that, we went and did some finding the rest of the night. So not a ton happened.
Tuesday, we visited a lot of people, and had an FHE at the church. That was awesome. Tons of people came, and we played some game that Elder Forsyth ran. It was lots of fun, and everyone loved it. Part of the game was writing down a secret talent you had, then people would have to guess who had the secret talent. Milani, a recent convert of one week, said that his secret talent was belly dancing. Hahaha, when they were reading it, everyone started freaking out and laughing and stuff, and Milani just covered his head. Hahaha, it was wayyyy too funny.
Wednesday... Oh, exchanges! I went over to Samarahan, a neighboring city. It was tons of fun. I went there with Elder Stromberg, and we found tons of new people for him. They were all really cool! So lucky him! It was lots of fun to be in a new area! I really like going on exchanges in new areas.
Thursday... We met with Dylan, and taught him about Priesthood duties, because he was supposed to receive the Aaronic Priesthood this week, but he came to sacrament late, so he'll get it next week. The lesson went well, and he started asking us how he could prepare to go on a mission. So that's great! He's super good. At night time, went over to teach Sylvester, a 10-year-old kid who’s going to get baptized May 5. He's a super funny kid and has a really funny accent when he speaks Malay. He's cool, and excited for his baptism. He always asks us and makes sure he's still going to get baptized on the 5th.
Friday we met with Peter. He just got back from his village, because his grandmother died. When people go back to their villages, they always get super drunk, so we asked him if he had gotten drunk, because we had just taught him the Word of Wisdom. He said he didn't drink a drop of alcohol! We asked him how he did it, and he said that he just told everyone he was too young to drink, so they didn't make him. Haha! We asked what would happen once he was old enough to legally drink. He said that he'd just tell them that if he drank, he wouldn't be ripped, so he can't drink. He's got a plan. He's really good though. He told the young men that he can't wait to be baptized and doesn't know why we won't move up his date. Haha!
After that, we went over to Inday's house (Inday is Iban for mom. Tagalog for auntie) and blessed her granddaughter who is going to have heart surgery this next week. Then we brought Inday and her daughter to Raymond and Tracy's to help us teach. Raymond and Tracy are suuuuuuper solid. I can't wait for their baptism! They're just super good and ready to learn and so accepting. It’s just really exciting. We had a really good lesson on building their foundation on Christ, and they really liked it.
Saturday, we ran over to the church to fill the font for the sister's (because for some reason the fonts in Malaysia are super hard to fill up. Twisting knobs and stuff. Confusing.) We got that filled up for their baptism, taught some lessons between when we started and when we turned it off, stayed for the baptism, and then taught Mike about his Priesthood responsibilities. It was good, and he gave us some nice grape juice.
Sunday... Elder Forsyth's last day. When I was in Puchong with him 18 months ago, I didn't think our missions would ever end. He was just finishing my training, and hadn't even hit his 6 month mark... Now he's done. Crazy. It was a really good day. We got lots of people at church, had some really good classes, and it was just a really good time. The first week I was here, I’m not gonna lie, the church experience was terrible. Now it's a ton better! Like a normal branch. So that's good. We went contacting for a while, then our dinner appointment canceled on us. We didn't have any food at the house. This is like the 3rd or 4th time this transfer. We made some calls, and figured out there was a potluck for another branch at the church in 30 minutes. We blazed over there, stole the other branch's food, and then talked with a lot of their members for a while. Then we went and taught Sylvester, then ran over to Dylan's before the night was over. We watched the restoration video with him and Willson, and talked about Temples and the Priesthood and how Joseph was baptized. It was a really chill lesson, but Dylan got to ask all of his questions that he didn't have a chance to ask.
This week was a super great last week of the transfer! It's a ton of fun in Kuching, we're having tons of success, and a lot of fun while we're at it. God has given us so many blessings it's unbelievable. I guess they were storing up while I was in KK. I worked harder in KK than I had in my entire mission, and I was seeing the least success, and now it's all paying off. It feels really good when you hit the end of the week, and you realize how many people you helped repent and prepare for baptism. I'll miss the feeling. It's been really great these past 6 weeks, and I can't wait for the next 6 weeks to come!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
Hey Everyone!
This week was crazy. Tons happened, and we were super busy! It was the last week of the transfer, so we should be getting news today! But I think I'll stay with Elder Sorensen, so no big changes.
Monday, we watched the Cokeville Miracle! It was actually way good! I was surprised. I thought it was gonna be a bit boring. After that, we went and did some finding the rest of the night. So not a ton happened.
Tuesday, we visited a lot of people, and had an FHE at the church. That was awesome. Tons of people came, and we played some game that Elder Forsyth ran. It was lots of fun, and everyone loved it. Part of the game was writing down a secret talent you had, then people would have to guess who had the secret talent. Milani, a recent convert of one week, said that his secret talent was belly dancing. Hahaha, when they were reading it, everyone started freaking out and laughing and stuff, and Milani just covered his head. Hahaha, it was wayyyy too funny.
Wednesday... Oh, exchanges! I went over to Samarahan, a neighboring city. It was tons of fun. I went there with Elder Stromberg, and we found tons of new people for him. They were all really cool! So lucky him! It was lots of fun to be in a new area! I really like going on exchanges in new areas.
Thursday... We met with Dylan, and taught him about Priesthood duties, because he was supposed to receive the Aaronic Priesthood this week, but he came to sacrament late, so he'll get it next week. The lesson went well, and he started asking us how he could prepare to go on a mission. So that's great! He's super good. At night time, went over to teach Sylvester, a 10-year-old kid who’s going to get baptized May 5. He's a super funny kid and has a really funny accent when he speaks Malay. He's cool, and excited for his baptism. He always asks us and makes sure he's still going to get baptized on the 5th.
Friday we met with Peter. He just got back from his village, because his grandmother died. When people go back to their villages, they always get super drunk, so we asked him if he had gotten drunk, because we had just taught him the Word of Wisdom. He said he didn't drink a drop of alcohol! We asked him how he did it, and he said that he just told everyone he was too young to drink, so they didn't make him. Haha! We asked what would happen once he was old enough to legally drink. He said that he'd just tell them that if he drank, he wouldn't be ripped, so he can't drink. He's got a plan. He's really good though. He told the young men that he can't wait to be baptized and doesn't know why we won't move up his date. Haha!
After that, we went over to Inday's house (Inday is Iban for mom. Tagalog for auntie) and blessed her granddaughter who is going to have heart surgery this next week. Then we brought Inday and her daughter to Raymond and Tracy's to help us teach. Raymond and Tracy are suuuuuuper solid. I can't wait for their baptism! They're just super good and ready to learn and so accepting. It’s just really exciting. We had a really good lesson on building their foundation on Christ, and they really liked it.
Saturday, we ran over to the church to fill the font for the sister's (because for some reason the fonts in Malaysia are super hard to fill up. Twisting knobs and stuff. Confusing.) We got that filled up for their baptism, taught some lessons between when we started and when we turned it off, stayed for the baptism, and then taught Mike about his Priesthood responsibilities. It was good, and he gave us some nice grape juice.
Sunday... Elder Forsyth's last day. When I was in Puchong with him 18 months ago, I didn't think our missions would ever end. He was just finishing my training, and hadn't even hit his 6 month mark... Now he's done. Crazy. It was a really good day. We got lots of people at church, had some really good classes, and it was just a really good time. The first week I was here, I’m not gonna lie, the church experience was terrible. Now it's a ton better! Like a normal branch. So that's good. We went contacting for a while, then our dinner appointment canceled on us. We didn't have any food at the house. This is like the 3rd or 4th time this transfer. We made some calls, and figured out there was a potluck for another branch at the church in 30 minutes. We blazed over there, stole the other branch's food, and then talked with a lot of their members for a while. Then we went and taught Sylvester, then ran over to Dylan's before the night was over. We watched the restoration video with him and Willson, and talked about Temples and the Priesthood and how Joseph was baptized. It was a really chill lesson, but Dylan got to ask all of his questions that he didn't have a chance to ask.
This week was a super great last week of the transfer! It's a ton of fun in Kuching, we're having tons of success, and a lot of fun while we're at it. God has given us so many blessings it's unbelievable. I guess they were storing up while I was in KK. I worked harder in KK than I had in my entire mission, and I was seeing the least success, and now it's all paying off. It feels really good when you hit the end of the week, and you realize how many people you helped repent and prepare for baptism. I'll miss the feeling. It's been really great these past 6 weeks, and I can't wait for the next 6 weeks to come!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
![]() |
| Muslim Village |
![]() |
| Practicing Nunchuck Skills with E. Stromberg |
![]() |
| Teaching kids English |
![]() |
| Old converter with E. Forsyth |
![]() | ||
| Inday helping us teach English |
Here are a few pictures from last week. He sent a recording and I'm too behind and lazy to type it.
It looks like these 4 boys were baptized.
It looks like these 4 boys were baptized.
![]() |
| Dylan, Mike, and Milani's baptism |












No comments:
Post a Comment