May 20, 2018
Hey Everyone!
This week was crazy. I don't even know if I can remember it
all. On Monday, we had our zone activity and went to Pantai Permai, a really
pretty rocky beach. It was tons of fun to climb around the rocks and eat peanut
butter and jelly sandwiches with all the missionaries in the zone. At night
time... I can't remember. I think we might've gone and followed up with some
members that we committed to stuff.
![]() |
| Zone activity at Pantai Permai |
Tuesday, we met a guy with a Superman tattoo and a Flash tattoo. Pretty cool.
He wasn't too interested though. We also met with a new person named Erwin, and
he's really cool. We actually met with him on Thursday too, and while we were
talking with him outside, an inactive member we've never met before came up to
us and said that Erwin was his really good friend, and that he wanted to help
teach him. So that was cool. The inactive member's name is Kevin. He's really
cool and pumped to get back to church. We also met Raymond and Tracy and went
over the Baptismal interview questions! They passed their Baptismal interview this
Sunday!!! WOOHOO! That was awesome. Super good. They're ready for it.
Wednesday, we met with Sylvester. He's the kid that got baptized a few weeks ago. Really funny kid. He started singing the Lord’s Prayer for us in Malay so now I know the Lord's Prayer in Malay! Oh, we also met with Vincent in his new house! His new house is huuuuuge, but tons of people live in it. His entire family and their families. It was cool. He's way funny. Oh yeah, I was on exchanges with Elder Stromberg too. We had a good time.
Thursday, I went with Elder Miller, and we taught Jordie. He went from being almost dropped to being super solid! He's almost quit smoking completely! So that's super cool! He's doing great. He'll be going back to his village in a while. So hopefully he doesn't pick it back up. We also met with Mike and Milani, and they were super funny. They just joke back and forth while we teach them. They're excited to be the first recent converts with a calling.
Friday, I went on exchanges with Elder Hogan. He's finishing his mission in a couple weeks! Pretty crazy! I remember meeting him when he was only 2 months out... Haha! I was even newer than that! I can't believe it's been that long! It's gone by really fast! We had a good time though, taught a lot of people, found some suuuuuper good pineapple, and found a few new people to teach.
Saturday, we met with a really cool guy named Chang, but he went back to his village... So he'll be back in a few weeks. We met with Erwin again, Raymond and Tracy, and Jordie. Jordie sang us some really good songs in Malay, so we learned them really quick! They were simple songs, but they were really funny too.
Sunday, we went to church. Raymond and Tracy passed their interviews, Jordie played his harmonica between classes and after church, helped plan the branch party. Then walked around and talked with people! We found a family that seemed pretty interested, so we'll see what happens with that!
Everyone is going to start disappearing and go back to their villages because of a holiday called Gawai. Gawai is the harvest celebration. Basically, everyone goes back to their longhouses, get wasted out of their minds for a week straight, then come back and go on with life. Right after Gawai, it's Hari Raya, an Islam holiday, so everyone has about a month of holiday leave, SOOOOOOOO the next month and a half are going to be really hard as far as missionary work goes, because we live in the city. There are no villages in the city, and there are no villages in our area. But that's ok. We'll probably just teach Chinese people or something.
Have an awesome week! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
Wednesday, we met with Sylvester. He's the kid that got baptized a few weeks ago. Really funny kid. He started singing the Lord’s Prayer for us in Malay so now I know the Lord's Prayer in Malay! Oh, we also met with Vincent in his new house! His new house is huuuuuge, but tons of people live in it. His entire family and their families. It was cool. He's way funny. Oh yeah, I was on exchanges with Elder Stromberg too. We had a good time.
Thursday, I went with Elder Miller, and we taught Jordie. He went from being almost dropped to being super solid! He's almost quit smoking completely! So that's super cool! He's doing great. He'll be going back to his village in a while. So hopefully he doesn't pick it back up. We also met with Mike and Milani, and they were super funny. They just joke back and forth while we teach them. They're excited to be the first recent converts with a calling.
Friday, I went on exchanges with Elder Hogan. He's finishing his mission in a couple weeks! Pretty crazy! I remember meeting him when he was only 2 months out... Haha! I was even newer than that! I can't believe it's been that long! It's gone by really fast! We had a good time though, taught a lot of people, found some suuuuuper good pineapple, and found a few new people to teach.
Saturday, we met with a really cool guy named Chang, but he went back to his village... So he'll be back in a few weeks. We met with Erwin again, Raymond and Tracy, and Jordie. Jordie sang us some really good songs in Malay, so we learned them really quick! They were simple songs, but they were really funny too.
Sunday, we went to church. Raymond and Tracy passed their interviews, Jordie played his harmonica between classes and after church, helped plan the branch party. Then walked around and talked with people! We found a family that seemed pretty interested, so we'll see what happens with that!
Everyone is going to start disappearing and go back to their villages because of a holiday called Gawai. Gawai is the harvest celebration. Basically, everyone goes back to their longhouses, get wasted out of their minds for a week straight, then come back and go on with life. Right after Gawai, it's Hari Raya, an Islam holiday, so everyone has about a month of holiday leave, SOOOOOOOO the next month and a half are going to be really hard as far as missionary work goes, because we live in the city. There are no villages in the city, and there are no villages in our area. But that's ok. We'll probably just teach Chinese people or something.
Have an awesome week! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
![]() |
| Aaron |
![]() |
| Elder Miller and I at the Pikachu Cafe |
![]() |
| Elder Stromberg and me |






No comments:
Post a Comment