Hey Everyone!
This week was pretty good! We had tons of fun, and we had
lots of success too! I was told that a written letter and a recording would be
best, so I'll make a small written letter. Elder Mickelson and I are having tons
of fun and the members are really stepping up their game and helping us out a
lot. We've been super busy, and had 2
exchanges this week. We double booked
two days this week, and it was crazy. Tons of moving parts. It's been fun.
![]() |
| Mullins and Mickelson |
Monday, we went to the beach, dug a huge hole, and then took
some panorama pictures that ended up not working. This Chinese family (from China) was pumped to
see white people and wanted to make all of their friends think that they had
white friends. We took a few pictures
with them, and one of them was running around trying to get different angles,
and he fell into our hole. Luckily, it was only 2 or 3 feet deep, but it was
really big. He was ok though. After that, we went over to Adrian and Alana's
house, and had a good lesson on missionary work. Then we had some crazy Iban food. It was a
throwback to Sarawak for sure. Alana is Iban, so she definitely cooked up her
native foods. There was this stuff that they called Malaysian pickles. I have no
idea what it was, but it was pretty good. Definitely not cucumbers. It had a super strong taste though, and you
put it on your noodles.
![]() |
| The hole the Chinese guy fell in |
Wednesday was pretty fun. We had exchanges with the Tawau
elders. They flew out on Tuesday night. I went with Elder Howell, and we visited a
bunch of people. Andrew came back from his village finally! He told us about
how he shared the gospel with his entire church during their meeting, and the
pastor didn't like it. Hahaha! The way he explained it was super funny. I
talked about it a little more in the recording.
![]() |
| Andrew and Elder Howell |
Thursday, we went out to this place we call Christianville
for a while. We followed up with some
people, got a few people that were interested, and a family gave us some
coconuts off of their tree. That was pretty good. We also met with a referral
named Filowim, and he was pretty cool. We'll see what happens with him. We met
with Jacki again, and he was PUMPED. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ,
and read about King Lamoni's father.
When we told Jacki about King Lamoni's Father, Jacki said he was reading
right in the same spot. They had just learned the Plan of Salvation, and were
asking what they could do to get Eternal Life. Then we read on about how King
Lamoni's Father would give up all of his sins, and Jacki loved it. Then we
taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and Jacki was like, "I'm gonna
become better by following this, then my friends will all see it, then they'll
want to follow and be baptized too!" He's just so solid. Haha, way fun.
He's definitely excited about the gospel.
![]() |
| Street to Christianville |
Oh wait. Christianville was actually on Friday. Awkward. So
that's what we did for most of FRIDAY, then went to a place called Keramat and
followed up with lots of members we had met with and given commitments.
![]() |
| Christianville |
Saturday was exchanges again, and I went with Elder DJ. We
visited lots of people in KK1, and I showed him where everyone lived since he
was new. Tthen we found an old neighbor
of a member and taught them the restoration, and they were interested in
continuing to meet. So that was cool! Elder Mickelson met 3 people and taught
them the restoration, then they ended up coming to church too! So that was
cool.
On Sunday, we had church, then I felt a little sick after
church, but I felt good enough to go out, so we went out, and it was fun. We
taught Beron, and he's still going strong. We have a lot of new people we're
teaching, and we don't really know howwww solid they are yet. We'll see. BUT.
The branches in KK have officially changed languages. So KK2 is Malay still,
and the other one is English. Now we
have to pass Jacki and Myles to the other missionaries… 2 of our 4 most solid
investigators... So that's a bummer. But that's ok. We're still on the same
team I guess.
It was an awesome week though! Everyone in the zone had a
great week, and we did too! Haha, it's been great in KK, and I'm excited to stay
longer and get the work moving forward in the branch here!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
![]() |
| Elder Mullins and Elder DJ |
![]() |
| E. Mullins and E. Mickelson |












No comments:
Post a Comment