Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

Monday, February 5, 2018

Minggu Terbaik (Best Week)

1-21-18

Hey Everyone!

This week was great! I recorded pretty much everything awesome that happened in my voice recording, so this might just be a review. Not sure. I'll probably just make a list of people we're working with right now.

Fartif, Ellen, and Charlie – They are a way cool family, eating up the Book of Mormon and the restoration.  Fartif is bent on reading the Book of Mormon cover to cover to make sure that everything in it is as good as what we read when we flip to specific verses during lessons. They also have a little girl named Clara who is a ball of energy and is always running around.

Ardy, Bijo, Azley, and Kerry - all 20 years old, here in KK doing their practicals before they finish their university courses. They're all way cool and are eating up the gospel.

Filowim - Referral from Adrian. He's a little hard to meet with, but he's a cool guy.  We’ll see about him. We miiiight have to drop him and come back to him once we're not as busy.

Asmira and Ridle - Didn't come to church this week. Bummer. So we took her off date, and we're going to move her date back 2 weeks so they know how important coming to church is.

Thedie - Active again! He's a way cool member, and was just waiting for missionaries to invite him to come back to church I guess. Super great.

Emmy - Mixter's inactive little sister. She's pretty cool, and has a lot of non-member friends that we'll probably end up teaching.

Beron - Referral from the Chua family. Cool guy, but maybe lacking interest. We're hoping the Chuas will really try to prepare him a little more between lessons so that our lessons are better with him.

Freddy and Elviander Ruth - Just met them this week, they're super cool, and loved the restoration. Pumped to read the Book of Mormon. Elviander said that he felt like God was telling him he needed to start changing his life and going to church again when we taught him, so we're pumped about him.

I can’t really think of much else to write. I feel like Elder Mickelson and I did SO MUCH this week, but I also feel like I talked about it in the recording we made. Elder Mickelson and I have been going ham in our workouts this last week instead of just stretching. So that's been fun, but I've also had to eat a lot more food than normal because of it. I've felt hungry all day the past 3 or 4 days. Sooooo hopefully all the extra food I'm eating doesn't make me too fat. Haha!

Today for my birthday, we'll probably just go to an escape room and destroy it.  Maybe we’ll get some Tim Tams and slam them. It'll be good.

Oh, I just remembered. We made a zone training video this past week to send to the zone. But when we were making it, we had to restart the video 4 or 5 times because I was accidentally using some Malay words. I think the problem is, I got in the habit of replacing a lot of my English words with Malay words back in the day so that I could memorize the words, and now it's kind of permanent.  That was kinda funny. I didn't realize how bad it was until I started forcing myself to only speak English.  I've never had that problem before. Awkward.

Exchanges with Elder Larson












Elder Mickelson




This guy caught a fish almost as big as him!



No comments:

Post a Comment