Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Indonesian Visa Run


July 1, 2018
Hey Everyone!

This week went by so fast! I don't know what to talk about. I got sick on Saturday, but it's not too bad. I just lost my voice.  Other than that, I'm good! Elder Crowell went to Indonesia on a visa run for 3 days with 2 other elders, so I was companions with Elder Mickelson and Elder Child for a day, and Elder Housley and Elder Mickelson for a day.

Elder Mickelson and Housley
Elder Mickelson finished his mission on Friday, so that was pretty crazy. We were in the same house for almost a year of our missions.  Luckily, I'll see him in a couple weeks! We taught a ton of people on the spot, but not all of them were interested, just a few. One of them went home and told their parents how awesome our teachings were (he was 19), and then his parents said to tell us he couldn't meet again, so that was too bad. He loved it!  We planted a nice seed with him. He'll come again someday.

I literally don't know what to talk about. The week just went by so fast, and for 3 days, we just wandered around finding stuff, because none of us had ever served in the Woodlands area (my area), and we didn't have a branch list. We found and found and found, but it went by quick. We had lots of fun and talked a lot about how the mission is different from when we first came in. It's pretty different now! I didn't realize how different the culture of the mission was until we sat down and talked about it.  It's been good!

President Simmons finished his mission this Friday, and President Rowley is the new president! I've met him a few times. He's really cool, and I think he'll help out a lot with the mission. He's got a good skill set for this mission.  He speaks Indonesian, which is close enough to Malay that everyone understands it. It'll be a big help in east Malaysia for sure. He's a really nice person too. It'll be fun to test out how good his Indonesian really is. It sounds really good when he speaks, so I think it's really good!

Have a great week! I tried taking pictures this week but didn't take a ton. I took a picture of the view from our apartment. It's really nice, especially at night.

The view from our apartment in Singapore


Love,

Elder Ben Mullins

Elder Crowell


Shopping district

Cool place in Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment