Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

Monday, July 9, 2018

Puchong Again!


June 10, 2018

Hey Everyone!

This week flew by... I can't believe that it's already Monday... So first things first! New and final companion! Elder Housley! 19, from Logan Utah, been out for 6 months, speaks Chinese, been in Puchong his entire mission, loves Jesus and politics, as well as theater! Super funny guy, gonna be a way good last companion. It's been a ton of fun the past few days. Every single day when the alarm goes off in the morning, I say. "WOOOOOOOO IT'S GONNA BE AN AWESOME DAY!!!" and then say my morning prayer. It's tons of fun. He's wild.

My final companion, Elder Housley
 Kuching was great for my last few days! Raymond and Tracy took us to teach Raymond's little sister, and it was just an ok lesson, because Kunie (Raymond's sister’s) little boy was going crazy showing off for the new people, so it was pretty loud.  At the end of the lesson, we asked her to pray to get the answer, but she was suuuper shy to pray aloud, so we told her to say "Dear Heavenly Father" then say the prayer in her head, then at the end say, "In the name of Jesus Christ amen" aloud so that we could pray with her. She started, and then literally said a 5 minute prayer. Elder Sorensen and I just looked up at each other as she's praying and exchanged the "What in the world is happening?" glance that missionaries sometimes give.  At the end, when she closed, I said,  ”How do you feel?" and she said, "I feel.... empty now."  We were a little confused, but she clarified, "When I was praying, right when I asked if Joseph really saw God and Jesus, I just had this super good feeling come over me, but once I stopped praying, it all went away, and now I feel empty."  We asked her what she thought it was, and she said she thought it was the spirit.  We kept leading her to answer the questions.  We said, "Do you think that everything we taught you today is true?"  Guess what she said? "Yeah, I think it's true." WOOOHOOOO! FIRST TRY AND SHE GOT AN ANSWER.  That was suuuuper awesome. She'll totally get baptized, and Tracy's sister is moving in with them in a few weeks, so they'll teach and baptize her too!  There are so many miracles right before I leave. Classic... Haha!

I got to Puchong Wednesday, my flight was a little delayed, but not too bad, I sat next to a girl on the plane.  Her mom had just had a stroke, so she was flying back to where her mom lived. I tried getting her to want the gospel, but she wasn't too interested. Sooooo that was a bummer, but it was a good try. Haha! A member that I had never met from the Puchong branch picked me up! He was at BYU Hawaii when I was in Puchong, so he just got back a month ago! His name is Adrian. He’s a super funny guy. He served in this mission too!


It was awesome seeing everyone back in Puchong. There were lots of members that didn't know I was here, so when they saw me on Sunday, they were really surprised! Everyone kept saying they thought I had already finished my mission since it had been so long since I served here! Haha! I think it's been about 14 months! It was so funny. I've missed the people here so much. We had lots of appointments with members this week, so we didn't have tons of time to find. We found one new person, but we'll see how solid he really is. We talked with tons of people this week, so that was good!

Here’s something crazy:  18 months ago, there was this lady who came to English class named Carmen. She was a really funny girl and loved learning English. She started meeting with the missionaries in PJ, not too far away, but stopped for some reason.  She had no contact with the missionaries for about a year and a half. I got here Wednesday, and she came to English class Friday! Just randomly!  I asked her why she came to English class, and she said that she felt the universe telling her that she needed to go to English class that day, so she arranged her time and came.  I told her that I had gotten to Puchong on Wednesday, and then she was like, "Wow! I think it was from God! I think I should keep coming!" Then we asked if she wanted to learn about the church again, and she said she did!  Maybe we can get her baptized! That'd be the craziest thing if she did join the church! So. That's cool.

Sunday the gospel principles teacher didn't show up. He had something and asked us to find a teacher. I found none other than Brother Kok Cin! Haha, I missed him so much! I was so happy to see him again. It was great.  He came and taught about the creation, and he did a super good job! I was mega impressed with him! He's really become confident in the branch since he got baptized! He taught confidently, and he's just so quiet, people don't make any sound so that they can hear him... I dunno. I was super impressed. He's the branch clerk now too! He's the only person I found through my own efforts (not a referral) when I was here! Pretty crazy! I'm happy I could help the branch so much by finding him, and I'm so happy that he's such a kingdom builder!

Kok Cin, Elder Gara, and David Chong
 The first thing people tell me when they see me is, "Oh my goodness Elder Mullins you are so much skinnier now than you were!" Haha! I just looked through my pictures I had with me back in the day, and I really did lose a ton of weight in East Malaysia. The food there definitely isn't as good as the food here! The food in KL is suuuuuper good! I forgot how good it was. We walk through the food courts, and it smells soooo good.  I'll try not to get fat, buuuut I might.

Yesterday we sent a voice recording to the entire west half of Malaysia (the missionaries), and Elder Housley said, "HEYYYYY YEAH!" Buuuuuut it didn't sound like hey yeah. So a missionary just responds, "Elder Housley, did you just say the h word?" Then all of the Australians in the zone were like, "HE's SPEAKING LIKE AN AUSSIE!" We were laughing soooo hard. Everyone in the zone was giving him a hard time about it.

I don't have much more time, so I can't keep writing, but that was part of my week! It was an awesome week, and I'm so excited to be back in Puchong! It's the best! I love it here! Have an awesome week!

Also, Elder Housley got pooped on by a bird. 

Love,

Elder Ben Mullins

Elder Housley got pooped on by a bird

Back in Puchong

I'm so happy to be back in Puchong

Jeff dropping me off at the airport








No comments:

Post a Comment