Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

Monday, July 9, 2018

Pergi Singapura Lagi (Going to Singapore)


June 17, 2018

Hey Everyone!

This week was awesome! It flew by. I can't believe it's Monday again! I'm on the way to Singapore, so I don't know if this email will be good or not. This week was tons of fun. Some members were pointing out every single time I say something that is Malaysian English. I didn't realize how much I say stuff that only they say. Haha, Brother Lim kept saying, 'Your dad is going to slap you if you have that bad of English!' Hahaha, he's so funny.  I don't think I use it around white people, only Asians. Being back in KL reminded me how different the English is. I forgot, but it's fun to speak like they do. In East Malaysia if they speak English, it's normally pretty good.  If they don't understand something, they tell you they don't understand. But here, they just smile and nod their heads.  You have to be careful which words you say, but most of the time if you just direct translate from Malay, they understand. Malay is actually a lot more useful than I thought it would be too! So that's funny. Most people speak English or Malay, so I can still talk with people that don't speak English!

Hmmm. Some notable things that happened this week... We met with Kingsley! He's a long-time investigator, but I think we got him solidified again. He's reading the book of Mormon every day now! We wake up 15 minutes early every morning and call him to wake him up.  He reads for 15 minutes, then gets ready. It's been really good! He came to church for 3 hours for the first time in a really long time. So that's good!

Brother Lee finally came to church for the first time! The elders have been working with him for quite a while, but we realized he had a lot of unaddressed concerns.  We talked with him about the concerns, and he felt comfortable enough to come to church! He's got a really good fellowshipper, so that helps a lot too!

Brother Adrian is an animal. He called us one night and told us to come down the stairs.  We went down, and he had this massive bag of food for us. It was awesome. He even bought us bacon. That's like 50+ ringgit. That's a ton of money.  It was all really good food. He's a good member for sure.

Peter, Steve and Jully’s dad, is getting more solid. Now we just have to help him quit smoking, and he'll be super solid and ready for baptism!

We met with 2 new people this week, Emelia and Peter. They were both really interested, so we'll try to get them to church! I think both of them work on Sundays, sooooo we might not work with them for too long.

I've been trying to teach Elder Housley some Malay. I've been picking up some Chinese too! It's a lot easier to learn a language once you've already learned one.  I just don't feel shy to try to speak it, and I memorize words better.  I’m better at listening to everything that I don't understand. I’m still not good, but I can understand what they're talking about since I know a few key words about everything. It's been fun though!

I don't have much to write about. KL isn't quite as exciting as East Malaysia as far as crazy stories, but the missionary work here is tons easier and a lot of fun!  That's about it! Have an awesome week! I love you all! Happy Father's Day too!

Love,

Elder Ben Mullins

A weird billboard


Elder Housley and me at a mosque



Me



Sister Saffron and her new grandson



I'm naturally ripped!



An Indian ice cream man





No comments:

Post a Comment