Hey Everyone!
Before I talk about anything
else, I'll talk about transfer news. I'm staying in Puchong! And Elder Forsyth
is too! This'll be his 5th transfer in Puchong! By the end of it, he'll have been
here for 7 and a half months! That's a long time to be in one area...
This week was great! We had
some really good lessons, and lots of fun! Monday, we just chilled and let
Elder Jones slowly die. He's back home now, so he's probably watching movies or
something. Dunno. We taught Keke and
Nicholas that night. They're both planning on being baptized in 3 weeks! I'm super excited about that! They're awesome!
I can't wait for 3 weeks to pass so we can baptize them! They seriously are so
cool, and cook really good food. Nicholas reminds me a lot of Noah, my younger
brother. They're both 12, both play Clash Royale, and both like basketball.
Pretty much the same person.
Tuesday, we had a lesson with
Amanda, invited her to be baptized, and she was so calm about accepting
baptism, it was insane. She didn't have a single question about it. She just
said, "of course I'll be baptized once I know the Book of Mormon is
true." So that was exciting! She just needs to pray about it, read it and
come to church! Easy! After we taught her, we went to brother and sister Orgi's
to help give their baby daughter a blessing. She's been really sick. We sharde
a message, blessed their baby, and then had a super awesome dinner of apples
and some African fried rice. It was really interesting tasting, but not bad!
The apples were amazing. When we got home on Tuesday night, we heard water
running somewhere in our house, and it was really loud. We thought someone was
showering or something, but the Chinese Elders weren't home yet. We followed
the sound into our study room. When we walked into the study room, it was SUPER
humid, and hot. There was water EVERYWHERE. The bathroom door was open, and the
hose that we use (instead of toilet paper, we use a hose) had broken, and water
had been shooting out of it for a while. We hurried and turned off the water to
the hose, then had to push all the water into the bathroom so it'd drain. Everything
except for our desks were covered in water. It's a good thing that Malaysian
houses and apartments are built to be water proof! We got it all cleaned up
before we went to bed.
Wednesday, we met with
George. He told us his birthday was on
Saturday so we told him happy birthday Wednesday AND Saturday. It was pretty awesome.
When we were traveling back home from a less active's house, we met some people
that we’d met at the beginning of the last transfer while they were getting off
the train. They're from the middle east, and were super interested in the Book
of Mormon. We aren't allowed to meet with refugees, so we didn't teach them,
but I asked if they were reading the book, and they still were! So that was
awesome! They'll be baptized once they're not refugees anymore!
We taught Cedric that night. I
don't know if I told you last week, but every single woman in the branch asked
us who that really handsome guy that we brought to church was. He'll be an awesome member once he's
baptized! We had a super good lesson answering his questions, and talking about
faith and repentance. After the lesson, he had bought us pizza and KFC "to
make (us) feel at home." He understands that Americans miss American food,
so he got us that! It was awesome! Then after, he said to Elder Forsyth,
"One sec Elder Forsyth, I HAVE to check your back. Something is wrong with
it." Cedric is studying to be a Chiropractor. He checked his back, did some
fancy maneuvers, and cracked his back a thousand times. Elder Forsyth says he
feels amazing. Cedric looked at me and
says, "you're next." He
checked me, cracked my back a thousand times in like 30 seconds, and then I had
the weirdest feeling ever. It was like I was floating. Apparently, my back was
worse than I thought! I didn't even realize anything was wrong with it, but
carrying a backpack messes up backs I guess! I felt super light. It was great.
Thursday was really slow, not
much happened. We just visited less actives and stuff.
Friday was awesome. The
Patterson's (senior couple) came over and checked out our house to make sure it
was clean. We passed. Yessssssssssss. Then they took us to lunch, and it was
great. We went to the most expensive place within 5 minutes-walk of the church.
It's called Pork Place. We had these massive burgers, and they were super good.
On the way to the restaurant, we walked down this alley that always has people
lined up in it that said hi to us really enthusiastically when we walked
by. The Patterson's were thinking we
were some sort of celebrities here, because ALL of the guards, all of the
restaurant owners, and tons of people said hi to us, and we would say hi back.
It was hilarious. They couldn't get over how many people would just tell us hi.
So that was awesome!
Saturday was pretty slow, up
until we had our YSA/Young Men activity. We each took 1 YSA and 1 priest contacting
with us, and it was tons of fun. I got Anson and Kennedy, and they were super
good. Anson handed out a Book of Mormon, and he was way pumped about that. Kennedy
found some people that were actually interested. We had a fun time talking with everyone.
After that we all went and got dinner together, and I took a picture. It was
pretty fun! I'll send the picture!
Sunday, we had the primary
program! It was awesome! The kids here are adorable. They LOVE singing as loud
as they can. It's so funny, My favorite song they sang was I Hope They Call Me
On A Mission. For obvious reasons. Haha! I loved it. After church, we spent the
rest of the day on the train talking with people, so it went a little slow.
Today is Halloween, and it
doesn't exist in Malaysia! So that's a bummer! It's my favorite holiday! In two years, I'll be able to celebrate it
again. Maybe they celebrate it in Singapore more. I dunno! The reason we're emailing so late it because
Sister Saffron (basically all of the missionaries' mom) asked us to help her
out with some charity thing. We sealed
bags for a couple hours after studies. They were full of beans, mushrooms, and
weird Asian food. That was fun! We got
to know the branch members better! I enjoyed it a lot!
Thanks for the support you all
give me! I love being a missionary! Every day I'm excited to be a missionary!
It's awesome! I seriously couldn't think of anything better I could be doing at
the moment! It's just so much fun to serve the Lord! I hope you all have an
awesome week! I'll send more pictures in a few minutes!
Love,
Elder Mullins
| MIguel |
![]() |
| My diagram of Ether |
| Cedric |
| Cicok |
| Tiny lizard |
| Burgers at Pork Place with the Pattersons |
| Bryant |
| The YSA and young men |
| Waiting for the LRT |
| The primary sent me letters |
| My wall with the notes from primary kids in the South Bench Ward |

No comments:
Post a Comment