Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

Thursday, October 5, 2017

DAVID CHONG IS AWESOME!



Hey Everyone!
This week was CRAZY! David Chong was being a hero and helped us out pretty much every day. Tons of fun, lots of miracles, and right now, I don't have a ton of time. Our boat came late to pick us up, so I think I'll start off with today, then flash back to the rest of the week.
Today, we went out to the docks right after studies, and met David Chong.  We hopped on a small boat that was going to take us to his big boat.  We hopped on a small boat, Elder Mickelson and I tightened each other’s life jackets as tight as we could, then set off to the big boat.  David's dad owns this boat.  It turns out it's the second biggest pontoon in the world. It could fit 500 people.  It had this thing that went underwater, then the walls were glass, so you could see a bunch of fish and stuff in the ocean. It was mega awesome!  About 30 minutes into the gentle rocking of the pontoon, I threw up.  It was pretty awesome.  After that, I was good.  We went to this super awesome island and hiked right over the top, then all the way back down, and walked around it after.  It was super awesome and super pretty with lots of jungle. After exploring, we went back to the pontoon, and there was an all you can eat buffet. Guess what? We ate so much chicken, they ran out. BUT. Not really.  We, David Chong, and Elder Schellenberg ate 30 pieces of chicken each, plus the rest of us. SO.  It was mega awesome. We made sure they regretted it was an all you can eat. Hahaha! Just kidding.  We ate a ton. Afterwards, the boat to take us back to KK was late, so we got back late.  Emailing time is almost done. And - I got the activity approved by President Simmons, so we're not apostate. Apparently, you're allowed to ride commercial boats! Pretty awesome! Also, all my pictures but 2 failed uploading. So. Sorry! Next week for sure though!
Let's see.  I almost have no time…so highlights... Andrew and Inday are progressing super-fast. By Saturday night, we had only gotten 1 new investigator.  I said a nice long prayer about helping us hit our goal of 2 new investigators, then put my trust in God. A member that lives super far away was back, because she had to use her off days, and she brought her niece, a non-member, to church.  Her niece has 7 siblings. SO. We are super excited. We picked her up as a new investigator, and we're super excited.
David Chong helped out a ton this week, and he's super funny. We had to cross a few gutters to take short cuts to places, and that includes crossing beams of cement over super stinky puddles of water. David was freaking out when we did that, but we all made it across ok.
Sorry this is the worst email I've ever written! I love you all and hope you have an awesome week! I get to watch conference this next week, so I'm excited to see what the Apostles have to say!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins





Elder Johnson, David Chong, and me
David's pontoon
Elders and David
Getting ready to go
Glass bottom boat
Boat trip

No comments:

Post a Comment