Hey Everyone!
This week was awesome! We had zone conference, so we got to
go on exchanges every single day after Wednesday! Pretty crazy! It was a lot of
fun, and I learned a lot from the other missionaries in the zone! All the missionaries
came to KK, and we had 8 Elders in our house. It was a little crowded since our
house is so small, but it was pretty fun. Also - the internet is really slow
this week, so I hope I can get all my pictures uploaded in time. One more
thing, it's transfer week. Elder Mickelson is coming to KK too, so that's way
great! We won't be companions, but we'll be in the same house! So that's super
great! We'll also be zone leaders together, so we'll be able to do a bunch of
awesome stuff together too. Last thing is I've been getting my coloring game
on, and I drew some awesome pictures with verses.
Monday was pretty chill. We just cleaned and went to a really
lamesauce museum. It was ok, because on
Monday night, we met with a PI named Bidgroy!
He brought a friend, who brought a friend, who brought a friend the next
day! We got Bidgroy, Adrian (the two
solid ones), then some other guy with a super crazy name that I always forget,
and his friend Imanuel, that aren't solid. Not solid as in ‘study anti material
before the lessons so they can argue with us’. SO. Bidgroy and Adrian. Super cool. I'm excited to see where they go.
They're somehow related, and both ate up everything we taught. I loved it when we shut down all the anti-stuff.
They were trying to shut down their friends too. So that was awesome. They are
mega solid.
Tuesday, we spent most of our time in a place called Kapayan
Ridge. We met with Ivy (SHE CAME TO CHURCH LAST WEEK), Andrew (MEGA SOLID AND
GONNA GET DUNKED SOON), Cai (Old deaf dude that didn't even hear us knocking, so
we didn't actually get to meet him, but we tried our best.). We had a few appointments fall through, then
met with a referral named Martin who we taught last week too. Martin went to
the Catholic church and asked for a bunch of anti-information. It was really funny, because all the anti-stuff
was false, so it was super easy to stop. It was pretty awesome. We made sure he knew that all the churches
were different, because he kept trying to tell us that all of them were the same.
SO. We destroyed with the spirit. Then after him, we met Adrian's friend and
his friend, and they had a bunch of anti-stuff too, but we stopped it all when
we said that we only had one mom each. Pretty awesome. Anyway. We definitely
dropped them. There is no way they would have progressed.
Wednesday, we had to do weekly planning, which made
everything else a little bit harder to do since we had less time. We went and found a few less actives. We had to get back to the house early since
all the other elders in the zone flew in, and we had to take them to the
house. We also had two dinners with the
two companionships of elders that flew in.
We were still hungry afterwards, so we made some dinner at home too. We
must've worked really hard or something, because we were starving. Oh yeah, we
met with Inday and Lodelin too! I forgot about that. It went great! Inday felt a little nervous
because her baptismal date was getting really close, so we moved it back. I think that was actually a couple weeks ago
now. I can't remember.
Thursday, I went on exchanges with Elder Sigan. He's
finishing his mission today actually! We
had a good exchange. Something super weird happened though. We met with this
kid named Raymond, that had met with the sisters before, but they passed him to
us. He told them that he was a member, but they couldn't find any record of him
or anything. We met with him, and we
were going to meet inside, but he asked if we could meet outside where it was
really warm instead, so we met outside in the heat! He was kind of weird. We
asked him if he was a member, and he said yeah, so we asked him how long he'd
been baptized. He said he was baptized last week. Then I asked if he was
baptized in KK, and he said yes. We didn't have a baptism last week, so I asked
him how he got the sisters' number (he just randomly called them one day), and
he said that his Indonesian friend gave him their number. Pretty weird. This kid is a little mentally insane I think.
Definitely not a member. He didn't know how to pray, didn't know who Joseph
Smith was... All that good stuff. We'll see what happens with him.
Friday, we had zone conference! It was really long, but I learned
a lot! That night we taught Andrew. He’s
super solid. He wants to learn English too, so hopefully he'll learn it! He
asked for an English Book of Mormon so that he could read it and the Malay one
side by side. After him, we met with a recent convert over at his kampung house
on top of a tall hill. it's super fun to ride bikes down that hill... Anyway,
it was lots of fun.
Saturday, I went with Elder Hapairai. He’s a super cool guy.
He’s Tahitian Korean mix, but looks Malay. He’s super funny though. We had a
lot of crazy things happen. A guy that was drunk out of his mind tried hurting
me when he shook my hand (super weird), we got a free bus ride, taught a bunch
of people, and had a good time! OH! I ALMOST FORGOT. Someone translated all of President and
Sister Simmons' power points into Malay, but whoever translated them didn't
know how to speak Malay. There was a
slide that said "feed my sheep" in English, but it was translated to
"makanlah dengan domba" which means "EAT WITH THE SHEEP!" It was Super emphasized, so the entire congregation
started laughing. President Simmons
turned to me, and said, "Oh no. What does it say?" I just told him it says eat with the sheep,
and he started laughing. I think he was
pretty embarrassed. It was pretty great though!
Pretty much the entire power point was wrong. Whoever translated that
Malay definitely couldn't speak Malay. Anyway, I think that he's going to check
next time with someone that can actually speak Malay.
Sunday was district conference, and there were tons of
people! We had some really good talks, and DAVID CHONG got to KK! He's a
legend. He's basically the best member you could ever imagine. Has absolutely
no life because he just helps the elders with 100% of his spare time. He's either at school or helping us out.
Normally he's over in KL, but he's here since he's got a semester break. We'll be using him quite a bit. He helped us
teach Ana, and then at night time, we met with Brother Ian! He and his wife
made us a suuuper good meal--curry and other stuff. SEDAP. After that, we had an awesome lesson, and
played Simon Says (I'm the master Simon in Simon Says apparently), and then
came home! I had interviews with President Simmons earlier too, so that was
great.
This week was just a really solid week! I enjoyed it a ton!
Thanks for all the emails you send me! If anything changes, I'll try to send
out an email about it! I hope you all have an awesome week too!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
| Cool Old Cars |
| Swinging Bridge |
| Running over a Bridge |
![]() |
| My awesome coloring! |
![]() |
| Suit Shorts? |
| You didn't think I was that heavy, huh? |
| Andrew |


No comments:
Post a Comment