Hey Everyone!
From Monday to Thursday night, I was in Singapore! So not a
ton happened those days except trainings. A missionary pulled the fire alarm
(claimed it was on accident), we set the mission office security alarm off,
served up ice cream and enchilada casserole, and learned a lot. It was lots of
fun, and I got to meet every missionary in East Malaysia finally! That was
cool. I had never met most of the missionaries in the Kuching zone, so that was
kind of weird. BUT. Lots of good trainings, lots of good ideas! I'm excited to use the ideas now!
Friday... let's see. Oh, we did our studies, weekly
planning, had English Class, and called a ton of PI's to try and get some new
investigators for this week. We didn't
have a ton of time to do anything, so it was mainly a planning day! English
class was good, because I gave a baptismal interview while Elder Johnson taught
English in the other room, so I didn't have to teach! And the guy passed his
interview!
Saturday was great! We had two baptisms! I actually got to
baptize one! His name is Johnny. He's the sister's investigator, but he started
learning right when I got in the area, and we became friends really fast. He's
trying to teach me Chinese. Anyway, that was cool! We also met with Ivy and
tried to teach her daughter, Christina, but she wasn't home. After her, we
stopped by the bro's. Lee Kok Hong was the only one home, so we just read the Book
of Mormon a bit with him. Then we went
over to the house with all the girls to see if we could find Nelly, our
investigator. She was there, and she forced one of her friends to come out and
talk with us. They said they'd do their best to come to church, but they didn't
make it. We'll get them next time... We
also made a killer stir fry. It was great.
Sunday, we were told about a member that used to always help
the missionaries a ton, but she had gone inactive a while ago. We went out on a quest to find her! We took
David Chong with us, and we made the long bus ride/hike to this place where we
thought she lived. We met a lot of cool people on the way, and when we arrived,
we knocked on the door, and a little girl answered, closed the door, followed
by a girl that was a little older answer then shut the door, followed by a girl
that was a little older. The third
time, the door didn't shut. They just said, "One second elders" then
closed the door. I asked David who they
were, and they were her nieces. We finally went in and met them all, and it
turned out they were inactive members that I had tried to find a month ago or
so, and couldn't. So that was cool! They were super funny. They wer arguing
back and forth the entire time. One was 17, the other 19, then two super little
girls. Malaysians... Getting married when they're like 16... PRETTY WEIRD.
Anyway, we had a good lesson, and I think they'll come to church this
week! So that'll be good! We also
visited other members, investigators, and potential investigators, but didn't
see a ton come out of that besides talking with people. But it's ok. We'll get
them next time!
I really enjoyed the week! We didn't have a ton of time in
our area, BUT. On Sunday evening, we realized that our on-date number was
really low. We started talking, and then
Elder Johnson asked if we were allowed to put people on date over the phone. I
said I thought we were, so we did it! We put two people on date over the phone!
One was Inday! She didn't have a solid date yet, but we called her and asked if
she had prayed to know when she should be baptized. She said she had, and just the night before
she got her answer. We asked what the
answer was. She said she had a dream where she heard a voice calling from the
sky, and it said her name. We asked what
it meant, and she said she was ready to get baptized! We put her on date for November 4th! With
Andrew! We're mega excited for that! I
love it in KK, and we're about to have roti canai eating contest with David
Chong! So that'll be awesome too! Elder Schellenberg versus David. It'll be
awesome. Oh, forgot to mention. Elder Johnson's neck was wrecked when he woke
up Friday morning, and he couldn't even move it. It's still super bad, and he
always walks with his head turned sideways now. It’s super funny, but I feel
kind of bad for him too. AND. Jim (an investigator I taught in Puchong) got
baptized! So that was awesome! I think I might've mentioned that in my last
letter, but I’m not sure. I'm just glad he got baptized. So that was cool!
Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Ben Mullins
No comments:
Post a Comment