Singapore

Singapore
Singapore

Monday, March 12, 2018

Exchanges. Exchanges. Exchanges.

3-5-18



Hey Everyone!

The entire week except for Tuesday and Thursday were exchanges! That's what happens when you don't do almost all of your exchanges until the second to last week of the transfer! We have one more left on Saturday, but other than that, we're done! It was tons of fun, we got a lot done, and we had District and Zone Conference this last weekend and yesterday! That's why I'm emailing today!

I can't remember exactly what happened over the last few days, so I'll just give some small updates on what's happening with who.

Wednesday, I went on exchanges with Elder Allred. That was a ton of fun, and we saw a lot of success. Elder Allred and I talked about talking with President Simmons about send us both back to Penang for our last few transfers, so I talked about that with President Simmons in my interview. But I don't know if it'll actually happen. It'd be fun though! When Elder Allred and I were in Penang, we were hoping for that to happen! And we still are! We met some really cool people, and got work done.

Elder Allred





McDonalds Book of Mormon (BOM)

I remember Friday, I went with Elder Nelson. He started his mission in the Indonesia Jakarta mission, but got kicked out of Indonesia. LUCKILY, Indonesian and Malay are almost the same language, so he's serving in our misison for a bit before hopefully going back to Indonesia. But we taught some cool people, including a girl named Cenoherawatie. We met her and her brother like 3 weeks ago on a bus, but they weren't interested. Elder Allred and I passed them on exchanges, and they said they were interested. Met with them on Friday, her brother moved back to their village, but she was super receptive, and invited herself to church. We passed her to the sisters, so we'll see what happens with her! She seemed cool though!

We also  taught a bunch of people on the spot, and talked with a million people. Needless to say, visions were raised for talking with everyone. I feel like I talk with everyone that isn't Muslim while I'm not on exchanges, but when I'm on exchanges, I talk with every single person we pass, even if I'm 95% sure they're Muslim. So. That was pretty epic.

We also taught this one guy from a Korean church that has some really annoying beliefs, such as Jesus has already come for the second coming and lives in Korea, we need to worship Mother in Heaven, and a bunch of other weird things. Anyway. Apostate church. We'll probably drop him pretty quick here, because he seems to just want to talk about the Bible, and doesn't really like the Book of Mormon.

We had district conference, and President Simmons was here for that. Tawau and Sandakan branches took the 7-10 hour bus ride to come to it, so that was cool. The church was packed. Elder Kuan from the area 70 was here, and I'm not gonna lie, I think he might be the most humble person I've ever met. He doesn't have good English, but whenever he spoke, it was really sincere, and I could definitely feel how much he cared about the work of the Lord. I want to become as humble as him one day. After the conference, we had a huge mean, and Elder Kuan kind of disappeared (no idea where he went. Probably just talked with everyone), and then once everyone was done and left, he came up, grabbed whatever was left over, sat at a table facing a wall, and just ate quietly what was left. Elder Mickelson went up to him and told him thanks and asked if there was anything we could do to help him out, and he said, "No, I'm fine, thank you. The food is good, and it was a great conference." I dunno. Just a super relaxed person. When he was speaking, he told us about the first time he went to church, and he heard the song Secret Prayer, and he said the words were super good, and he just loved the tune. He told us that when he was riding his bike home, he didn't want to forget the song, the lyrics, or the spirit that he felt, so as he was biking home after the meeting, he just kept singing the lyrics and tune over and over so that he wouldn't forget. Then he said that that was the moment that his life began to change. And now look where he is. A member of the seventy. He really was super awesome. I really liked listening to him speak. He had a funny accent too.


I can't remember what else happened. Azrul came to church, and he said he thinks he got an answer that the Book of Mormon is true, then he told us that he just has a really peaceful feeling in his heart when he reads, and we told him it was the Spirit. So we're excited for him! He's really cool. He also really enjoyed church.

Jefrin


That was my week! A bunch of other stuff happened too, but Ican't remember, and now we don't have paper planners, so I can't go back and look what happened. So I hope you all have an awesome week! I love you all!

Alfeus


Oh, also. After zone conference, we took a picture with everyone sitting on as many chairs as they have transfers left in their mission. The tallest stack was only 12. So no brand new missionaries here. But 12 was still really high and about to tip over! Our zone kind of came in two waves of missionaries.

Love,
Elder Mullins

# of chairs = # of transfers left





Brother Ian and his family








No comments:

Post a Comment